how to change default file list in open dialog?

2004-04-14 08:49:22 PM
off-topic18
In the file open dialog, how do I change the default way to list filenames?
I don't want to always have to click the list button to make my selection.
Ken Shaffer

Re:how to change default file list in open dialog?

I'm not sure what you are asking. Specifically, what is the "list button"?
Tools | Customize... | Environment | File Sort Mode allows you to set the
sort order of the files.
I have it set to
root.ext [d:\path]
Filename Extension
I always use the Open pane of the Project window and I never use the Op[en
Dialog box.
--
-- Thom Little -- www.tlaNET.net -- Thom Little Associates, Ltd.
"Ken Shaffer" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
In the file open dialog, how do I change the default way to list
filenames?
I don't want to always have to click the list button to make my selection.

--

Ken Shaffer

Re:how to change default file list in open dialog?

In the file open dialog, how do I change the default way to list filenames?
If this it the File open toolbar that is normally a tab in the left hand docked window titled "Open". You can go to the CW menu Tools|Customize|Open Tab. There are sort radio buttons on the left had side.
- Chris

{smallsort}

Re:how to change default file list in open dialog?

File | Open brings up a dialog.... the far right-hand button on the toolbar
portion of the dialog lets you choose how to list filenames (large icons,
small icons, list, detail, thumbnail). I keep having to pick one from the
list, and would prefer my choice to be the default, and was wondering how to
do this.
"Thom Little" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I'm not sure what you are asking. Specifically, what is the "list
button"?

Re:how to change default file list in open dialog?

Assuming you are on W2K, the latest SP (7.5.4 I believe) is the only one
where this setting is sticky. This is because Microsoft changed
something in one of their security updates that broke how CW was storing
this setting
Shon

news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>I'm not sure what you are asking. Specifically, what is the "list

button"?

--
Ken Shaffer

Re:how to change default file list in open dialog?

I would've thought I could pass a value to DlgOpenFile which would decide
how to list the files (but my api library help doesn't show me the syntax).
What does choosing the list method do? I ask since perhaps I could write a
macro to do what I want.
"Shon Vella" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Assuming you are on W2K, the latest SP (7.5.4 I believe) is the only one
where this setting is sticky. This is because Microsoft changed
something in one of their security updates that broke how CW was storing
this setting

Re:how to change default file list in open dialog?

Have you looked at the Project window Open pane? This is the interface that
I use exclusively. I have used the open dialog twice in the last year and
that was so I could tweak the open method so it would turn off the automatic
sensing.
I have two buttons on my toolbar. They toggle the Project and Output
windows on and off. The Project window Open pane was the one I had
displayed most of the time. When I finally learned CodeWright projects this
changes and the Project window Project pane is the one I have open most now.
--

news:407e90d4$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

--
Ken Shaffer