UpdateStatus

2007-01-19 11:16:39 PM
off-topic12
Anybody ever see this before, or something like it:
A TClientDataSet reports an UpdateStatus() of usUnmodified, while
for one of its fields, NewValue is NOT equal to OldValue.
Other information:
Dataset in question is NESTED.
Dataset is in dsEdit state.
This is in a record in the dataset itself, not its Delta (which, I
believe, only contains posted and deleted records from the master dataset).
Phil Manger

Re:UpdateStatus

It isn't supposed to be modified until you post the edit.
Everything You Need to Know About InterBase Character Sets:
blogs.teamb.com/craigstuntz/articles/403.aspx

Re:UpdateStatus

Craig Stuntz [TeamB] wrote:
It isn't supposed to be modified until you post the edit.

Now I feel dumb. I was trying to get the state of the record before
posting, since I treat edited and inserted records differently. I could
have just used State.

{smallsort}