DN article listings since Feb 15, 2007

2007-03-02 11:36:19 AM
off-topic19
Hi ... lightning struck twice (figuratively speaking) and this time the
result is much worse. We have had the SAME database server that failed
last time fail again, even after it passed all diagnostic, and this
time the RAID drive cluster was corrupted.
So, the good news: we've restored a backup to another server, that is
also "fault tolerant" and are doing the same for another server, and
setting up replication between them. The bad news: all database backups
since Feb 16th, 2007 appear to be corrupted, and unfortunately the only
way to learn this is to attempt to restore each one and wait about half
an hour for the error to occur. So, we may be "reset" again back to Feb
16th.
So ... what I really need from people is a listing of articles (you may
have them in your RSS or Atom cache) that include:
- ID for each article
- Title
- Abstract (summary)
- Author
- and Language (if other than English)
For all articles since Feb 15th.
Please reply here if you have them. Thanks.
I have the Brasilian feed. I think the only other feeds that had live
articles published are:
- English
- Japanese
- Spanish
I'm going to do my best to resubmit those articles (there are about 20,
I believe) in the proper order so all current links will still work. If
I don't have the original source, I'll contact the authors to ask them
to post them again.
I apologize for the repeated problem. We have a wide variety of issues
to address in a broad range of areas, and hadn't been able to
restructure this implementation yet. We should have triple redundancy
in place starting tomorrow, since double redundancy has now failed
twice.
--
John Kaster blogs.codegear.com/johnk
CodeGear Developer Network: dn.codegear.com

Re:DN article listings since Feb 15, 2007

John Kaster (CodeGear) wrote:
For all articles since Feb 15th.

Please reply here if you have them. Thanks.
I'll email you the Bloglines cache.
All the great TeamB service you've come to expect plus (New!)
Irish Tin Whistle tips: learningtowhistle.blogspot.com

Craig Stuntz [TeamB] wrote:
I'll email you the Bloglines cache.
Thanks much. Got it from Jim McKeeth too.
--
John Kaster blogs.codegear.com/johnk
CodeGear Developer Network: dn.codegear.com
Features and bugs: qc.codegear.com
Got source? cc.codegear.com
If it's not here, it's not happening: ec.codegear.com

{smallsort}