To John: would you be interested in translation into Russian?

2006-11-04 02:06:17 AM
off-topic8
To John: would you be interested in translation into Russian?
This is in regard of translations mentioned during last Delphi hours?

Re:To John: would you be interested in translation into Russian?

Serge Dosyukov (Dragon Soft) wrote:
To John: would you be interested in translation into Russian?
Yes, absolutely. Otherwise, I wouldn't have asked you for the Russian
headers! They're live, but not quite complete:
bdn.borland.com/ru
--
John Kaster blogs.borland.com/johnk
Features and bugs: qc.borland.com

Re:To John: would you be interested in translation into Russian?

yes, I know
this is a little different
I was refering to the materials which should became available next week and
which were mentioned during last Delphi Hour (part where you discussed
translation)
"John Kaster (Borland/DTG)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Serge Dosyukov (Dragon Soft) wrote:

>To John: would you be interested in translation into Russian?

Yes, absolutely. Otherwise, I wouldn't have asked you for the Russian
headers! They're live, but not quite complete:

bdn.borland.com/ru

--
John Kaster blogs.borland.com/johnk
Features and bugs: qc.borland.com
Get source: cc.borland.com
If it's not here, it's not happening: ec.borland.com

{smallsort}

Re:To John: would you be interested in translation into Russian?

Serge Dosyukov (Dragon Soft) wrote:
I was refering to the materials which should became available next
week and which were mentioned during last Delphi Hour (part where you
discussed translation)
I'm sorry, I don't recall right now (I'm usually doing a lot during the
broadcasts) ... which materials are you talking about?
--
John Kaster blogs.borland.com/johnk
Features and bugs: qc.borland.com
Get source: cc.borland.com
If it's not here, it's not happening: ec.borland.com

Re:To John: would you be interested in translation into Russian?

I am waiting for my new Dell 2007FP monitor to arrive so I can listen to the
bradcast again to point exact discussion location
I will come back to you Monday.
I'm sorry, I don't recall right now (I'm usually doing a lot during the
broadcasts) ... which materials are you talking about?

Re:To John: would you be interested in translation into Russian?

until then there are few ideas:
bdn.borland.com/article/33778 ... with additions ;o)
bdn.borland.com/article/33765
bdn.borland.com/article/33642
bdn.borland.com/article/33743
PS: I cannot really tell how big your user base right now in Russia and what
is your perspective on this market, but it was very big in the past... I
still recieving requests to translate some of my articles for
www.delphiplus.org ;o)
PS. BDN is veeeery sloooooow today ;o)
I am waiting for my new Dell 2007FP monitor to arrive so I can listen to
the bradcast again to point exact discussion location
I will come back to you Monday.

>I'm sorry, I don't recall right now (I'm usually doing a lot during the
>broadcasts) ... which materials are you talking about?

Re:To John: would you be interested in translation into Russian?

Serge Dosyukov (Dragon Soft) wrote:
until then there are few ideas:

bdn.borland.com/article/33778 ... with additions ;o)
We're starting today .. you'd have to hurry.
bdn.borland.com/article/33765
Would be great to have the survey in Russian, too!
bdn.borland.com/article/33642
Another good candidate. Marco should do the German version, too ;)
bdn.borland.com/article/33743
Yes, the other ones (currently) listed here would be good, too:
bdn.borland.com/delphi/platforms/vista
articles for www.delphiplus.org ;o) PS. BDN is veeeery
sloooooow today ;o)
Hmm. Sorry about that. We're working on some redesign of resources
right now.
--
John Kaster blogs.borland.com/johnk
Features and bugs: qc.borland.com
Get source: cc.borland.com
If it's not here, it's not happening: ec.borland.com

Re:To John: would you be interested in translation into Russian?

>until then there are few ideas:
>
>bdn.borland.com/article/33778 ... with additions ;o)

We're starting today .. you'd have to hurry.
any hint on how to approach this?
is there a document which describes the process?
>bdn.borland.com/article/33765

Would be great to have the survey in Russian, too!
I can give you translated page, then you can add it.

Re:To John: would you be interested in translation into Russian?

By the way,
I do like how www.borland.com is now managing Global sites (right top
corner), it is something how I imagined it could be done for BDN ;o)

Re:To John: would you be interested in translation into Russian?

>>bdn.borland.com/article/33765
>
>Would be great to have the survey in Russian, too!

I can give you translated page, then you can add it.
See here www.dragonsoftru.com/Delphi%202006%20Survey.htm
it is work in progress, I am planning to finish tonight

Re:To John: would you be interested in translation into Russian?

Serge Dosyukov (Dragon Soft) wrote:
is there a document which describes the process?
I've been meaning to write one. Here's notes I sent to someone else via
email:
Go to any article you want to translate. Click on the globe (or "submit
translation") that is displayed on the upper right. For the globe, the
bottom link in the popup box is "Submit translation". Click that, and
you'll be put in the right place to submit a translation.
We typically pay US $50 per translation we choose to publish if the
author requests payment. FWIW, most of our translations are done with
no payment requested.
--
John Kaster blogs.borland.com/johnk
Features and bugs: qc.borland.com
Get source: cc.borland.com
If it's not here, it's not happening: ec.borland.com

Re:To John: would you be interested in translation into Russian?

Serge Dosyukov (Dragon Soft) wrote:
it is something how I imagined it could be done for BDN ;o)
BDN is more language-oriented than region/country oriented.
Here is how we currently support it:
bdn.borland.com/article/33608
What were you thinking of instead?
--
John Kaster blogs.borland.com/johnk
Features and bugs: qc.borland.com
Get source: cc.borland.com
If it's not here, it's not happening: ec.borland.com

Re:To John: would you be interested in translation into Russian?

Globe is not indicative
Might be a good idea to add text next to it. It is not recommended by
accessibility standards to provide access to the element just by the
picture.
[GLOBE] Languages [Down Arrow] (to indicate that it is a selector)
I do not know if Borland did copyright the layout, but currently "Account
Menu" in right top corner is duplicate of "My Account"
Why have both? Replace "Account Menu" with "Languages"
You can put print button there as well (with text) ;o)
Rest functionality is as is except that drop down menu would benefit from
more stand out color for selected item
>it is something how I imagined it could be done for BDN ;o)

BDN is more language-oriented than region/country oriented.

Here is how we currently support it:

bdn.borland.com/article/33608

What were you thinking of instead?

Re:To John: would you be interested in translation into Russian?

I still working on it, finishing #6 ;o)
Kind of long survey ;o)
>it is work in progress, I am planning to finish tonight

That looks great (as far as I can tell!)

Re:To John: would you be interested in translation into Russian?

>is there a document which describes the process?

I've been meaning to write one. Here's notes I sent to someone else via
email:

Go to any article you want to translate. Click on the globe (or "submit
translation") that is displayed on the upper right. For the globe, the
bottom link in the popup box is "Submit translation". Click that, and
you'll be put in the right place to submit a translation.
Thanks, will try it
We typically pay US $50 per translation we choose to publish if the
author requests payment. FWIW, most of our translations are done with
no payment requested.
;O) of course.
PS. I still looking forward for my past articles to became public and
processed