Network Install of BDE (Win2000)

2004-02-06 01:23:35 PM
off-topic12
I have come across a couple of routines to allow network deployment of the
BDE without (pre)configuring each machine. One such routine was documented
in a Delphi Informant magazine article by Bill Todd ("The BDE Made Easy").
Thanks Bill. These routine set the BDE keys in the registry upon intial
execution
(initialization) of the application. However, I've run into a problem. If
the user does not have authority to install an application in Win2000, the
routine to write the registry keys seems to fail. Does anyone have a
work-around or alternative approach which allow "regular users" to execute a
BDE base application without pre-installation of the BDE?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
/johndel