C++ Sessions changed dramatically??

2005-08-01 04:27:44 AM
off-topic1
Or haven't I been keeping up. It seems to me that the last time I
looked, the C++ sessions were quite different than they are now.
For instance I thought there was a session on "Whats new with C++
Builder" or something like that. That would seem quite relevant since
deXter will be the first C++ Builder release in a very long time.
Also, I thought there was a session on Boost. This also seemed quite
pertinent given Borland's stated (I think) increased focus on Boost
conformance.
I understand that these things change, but now there are only 4 sessions
that focus explicitly on C++, and nothing that really indicates there is
something new on the horizon for C++ users.
I find this confusing, as I would have thought Borland would have really
been touting the new release of C++/Delphi 2006/deXter to the C++ users.

Re:C++ Sessions changed dramatically??

Gord wrote:
That would seem quite relevant since
deXter will be the first C++ Builder release in a very long time.
I'd be surprised if there wasn't a session that covered C++Builder in
DeXter. The rest of the content of that session, and what track it
comes under, would be another matter.
--
Dave Nottage [TeamB]

Re:C++ Sessions changed dramatically??

Don't worry. The early page that listed sessions, just listed titles.
The more recent pages on the site list titles, speakers, descriptions &
times of sessions. Some of the C++ sessions that you refer to in your
email, just don't have complete descriptions yet (or they have
descriptions we can't share yet -- like the What's New sessions perhaps).
Keep watching the site.... More sessions will be posted as we continue
to flesh out the program.
Regards,
--Christine
Gord wrote:
Or haven't I been keeping up. It seems to me that the last time I
looked, the C++ sessions were quite different than they are now.

For instance I thought there was a session on "Whats new with C++
Builder" or something like that. That would seem quite relevant since
deXter will be the first C++ Builder release in a very long time.

Also, I thought there was a session on Boost. This also seemed quite
pertinent given Borland's stated (I think) increased focus on Boost
conformance.

I understand that these things change, but now there are only 4 sessions
that focus explicitly on C++, and nothing that really indicates there is
something new on the horizon for C++ users.

I find this confusing, as I would have thought Borland would have really
been touting the new release of C++/Delphi 2006/deXter to the C++ users.

{smallsort}

Re:C++ Sessions changed dramatically??

"Christine Ellis (Borland)" wrote:
Don't worry.
Okay

Keep watching the site.... More sessions will be posted as we continue
to flesh out the program.
Thanks for the response.