SQL Query with the Memo field...

2004-07-08 06:24:22 PM
off-topic1
Hello,
My objective is to merge the contents of 'Eventlog1.db' into the existing 'Eventlog.db'. To achieve this, I am using the following code in Paradox (Delphi 5) on Windows XP.
Query1.Close;
Query1.SQL.Clear;
Query1.SQL.Add('INSERT INTO "Eventlog.db"');
Query1.SQL.Add('SELECT db."Time", Text, db."Error No", Class, Sp3, Sp4, Lp1, Lp2, db."Event Type", Location, Memo');
Query1.SQL.Add('FROM Eventlog1.db db');
Query1.ExecSQL;
ShowMessage('The merging is done');
If I excute the code I get the message as 'Lock Time Out' after sometime. Surprisingly, if remove the 'Memo' field from both the database structure and query as well it succeeds to merge both the databases. How to handle merging of the 'Memo' field?
Regards.
- Sankar Biswas