General SQL Error [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Deriver

2007-09-21 02:34:52 AM
off-topic12
Hello,
I am just trying to connect a database object to a physical Access
database and am really getting frustrated. I am getting the error
General SQL Error [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Invalid string
Attribute DATABASE
I used BDE administrator to make an alias MarkTest. In there I have the
following settings
DATABASE NAME C:\Documents and Settings\My
Documents\Database_test_project\aboutDelphi.mdb
USER NAME
ODBC DSN MS Access Database
OPEN MODE READ/WRITE
BATCH COUNT 200
LANGDRIVER
MAX ROWS -1
SCHEMA CACHE DIR
SCHEMA CACHE SIZE 8
SCHEMA CACHE TIME -1
SQLPASSTHRU MODE SHARED AUTOCOMMIT
SQLQRYMODE
ENABLE SCHEMA CACHE FALSE
ENABLE BCD FALSE
ROWSET SIZE 20
BLOBS TO CACHE 64
BLOB SIZE 32
PASSWORD
You can see, my database is mapped out to a legit Access 2000 DB. If I
leave ODBC DSN blank, the computer complains about the alias: MarkTest_name
being an invalid parameter.
My database object is setup as
AliasName Marktest
DatabaseName MarkTest_name
Name Database1
If I select Connected to True, I get the listed error. What exactly am I
missing? How can you connect to an access database through BDE?!
Thank you