Re: MaxFileHandles

2003-07-17 10:53:58 PM
off-topic0
Ok thanks.
"Bill Todd" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >escreveu na mensagem
See the examples for DbiOpenCfgInfoList at
www.borland.com/devsupport/bde/bdeapiex

--
Bill (TeamB)

Re:Re: MaxFileHandles

I've switched to Installshield 3 with D6 in the hopes that it will enable a
tidier install in Win Xp. It does that alright. But I now have a problem I
thought it would fix.
MAXFILEHANDLES comes across as 48. The param on the development PC is 255.
And that amount is needed to run the reports. I've changed the registry
entry on both the source and destination PC to 255. But no change.
As far as I am aware, I'm doing everything right. Anyone got an idea?
TIA
Alan Jeffery

Re:Re: MaxFileHandles

I know it's a cop out but why have your application set the parameters. all
you really need to have the installation program set is enough to locate the
bde so that you can take it from there.
--
Frank M. Cook
www.acsplus.com

{smallsort}

Re:Re: MaxFileHandles

"Frank M. Cook" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I know it's a cop out but why have your application set the parameters.
all you really need to have the installation program set is enough to
locate the bde so that you can take it from there.

--
Frank M. Cook
www.acsplus.com
I've found a way to avoid the proble. At runtime, and when the main form is
created, it checks that MAXFILEHANDLES is 255. If it isn't it changes it.
There, problem solved.
I'm looking at alternatives to the BDE. Probably the Advantage suite as
they allow me to stay with the Dbase files. Converting to anything else is
just too much of a problem.
Alan Jeffery

Re:Re: MaxFileHandles

I looked at the Advantage suite but bought NexusDB last spring instead when
they had a sale. their licensing plan worked better for me than Advantage's
as I have an installed base out there of hundreds of users and can't pass on
a database licensing fee. oh, I can charge something more for a true client
server version for wide area networks, but I needed something I could
distribute freely to my existing small network customers.
--
Frank M. Cook
www.acsplus.com