QC32648 / QC35977 duplicate>closed

2007-01-07 05:43:56 PM
off-topic1
Hi
QC35977 is a duplicate of: QC32648
And it is marked as a duplicate !
But why is both marked as open ?
Is this the way QC works ? Please note I am a QC newbie :-)
\Lars

Re:QC32648 / QC35977 duplicate>closed

Lars G wrote:
Is this the way QC works ?
Yes this is the way QC works.
hth
--
Rob Schieck (TeamB)

Lars G wrote:
QC35977 is a duplicate of: QC32648
And it is marked as a duplicate !
But why is both marked as open ?
When a new report is marked as a duplicate of an open report it also
shows the open status. Any votes entered for the new report are also
added to the votes for the original report.
- Leo

{smallsort}

"Lars G" <lbg-at-aplusmail-dot-dk>wrote in message
Hi

QC35977 is a duplicate of: QC32648

And it is marked as a duplicate !

But why is both marked as open ?

I'm not seeing the problem.
How did you expect it to work?
or
What is it not doing that you thought it should?
--
Thanks,
Brad.

Re:QC32648 / QC35977 duplicate>closed

"Brad White" <bwhite at inebraska.com>skrev i en meddelelse

I'm not seeing the problem.
How did you expect it to work?
My thoughts was why is they both still open.
What is it not doing that you thought it should?
Only have one QC# open and close the others as a duplicate.
But it is working as "designed" so fine no problem.

Lars G wrote:
My thoughts was why is they both still open.
Just a little more info for you - while both QC reports are open, in
the internal system at CodeGear they are both linked to the same
internal defect report - that happens when a report is marked as a
duplicate.
- Leo