Hurry up with that update I keep losing code an a daily basis!

2005-03-04 12:05:02 AM
off-topic7
Incredible....

Re:Hurry up with that update I keep losing code an a daily basis!

BaSS wrote:
Incredible....
Yes, your faith in our clairvoyance really is incredible. Flattering,
too.
How about some QC #s so we have some idea what you're talking about? TIA
--
John Kaster blogs.borland.com/johnk
Features and bugs: qc.borland.com

Re:Hurry up with that update I keep losing code an a daily basis!

Hah, True :) sorry.
Need a place to let out my frustration once in a while when my IDE dies on
me.
What better place than our beloved Borland newsgroup which created this IDE.
I'll try to be more forgiving when I forgot to save the last 5 minutes.
"John Kaster (Borland)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
BaSS wrote:

>Incredible....

Yes, your faith in our clairvoyance really is incredible. Flattering,
too.

How about some QC #s so we have some idea what you're talking about? TIA

--
John Kaster blogs.borland.com/johnk
Features and bugs: qc.borland.com
Get source: cc.borland.com
If it's not here, it's not happening: ec.borland.com

{smallsort}

BaSS wrote:
I'll try to be more forgiving when I forgot to save the last 5
minutes.
Shift+Ctrl+S should be your favourite shortcut combo :-)
--
Screenshots of Version 2 of DCM now available from
www.alphalink.com.au/~jed/dcm.htm

Re:Hurry up with that update I keep losing code an a daily basis!

Yep. It is mine. I actually presses this combination without knowing. So I
have a problem sometimes that I save to often :)
-Atle

Re:Hurry up with that update I keep losing code an a daily basis!

Btw. JED. Could you please look at report #11126. Thanx in advance.
-Atle

JED wrote:
Shift+Ctrl+S should be your favourite shortcut combo :-)
That reminds me of my favourite crash in Delphi 3. The IDE went POOF
when I attempted a Save All, resulting in 2 hours of work lost. The
irony of the situation nearly killed me.
--
Cheers,
David Clegg

Re:Hurry up with that update I keep losing code an a daily basis!

"John Kaster (Borland)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message

How about some QC #s so we have some idea what you're talking about? TIA
Every problem I have is already in that QC thingy, for example:
Editing in the editor sometimes hangs and never awakes.
Editing in the editor sometimes makes the editor dissapear.
Copy & paste of components dont work when undocked (not even if you undock 1
single panel on your second monitor)
Bugs are fine with me, but simply crashing the IDE while i'm simply editing
and switching some forms, come on..???
Instead of calling it clairvoyance, i'd say its experience since D7 and its
history (read LACK) of updates.

Re:Hurry up with that update I keep losing code an a daily basis!

Btw.. what I dont understand, looking at the newsgroups..
Am I the only one losing code because of a vanishing IDE? (hanging) ?
Maybe its just me... erhm...?
uh oh..

On 3 Mar 2005 19:17:47 -0800, "JED" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
>I'll try to be more forgiving when I forgot to save the last 5
>minutes.

Shift+Ctrl+S should be your favourite shortcut combo :-)
I got burned by this in D7 once before I learned. Why not use
D7: Tools / Environment options / Autosave options
D2005 : Tools / Options / Environment Options / AutoSave options
?

Jeffery Jones wrote:
Why not use

D7: Tools / Environment options / Autosave options
D2005 : Tools / Options / Environment Options / AutoSave options

?
That just saves when you run the application. Not when you are just
working within the IDE.
--

JED wrote:
That just saves when you run the application. Not when you are just
working within the IDE.
Check out the OTAPI add-in written by Ray Lischner
codecentral.borland.com/codecentral/ccWeb.exe/listing
It will save a backup of all modified files after a user specified
interval, and was posted as a workaround for my QC request to see an
Auto-Save function built into the IDE
qc.borland.com/wc/qcmain.aspx
--
Cheers,
David Clegg
XXXX@XXXXX.COM
Vote 1 cc.borland.com/codecentral/ccweb.exe/listing :-)
Now supports Google Groups searching with Dyna-extend(tm) technology!
QualityCentral. The best way to bug Borland about bugs.
qc.borland.com
"Without TV, it is hard to know when one day ends and another begins."
- Homer Simpson