Duplicate leads to FT report

2008-02-07 02:28:56 AM
off-topic16
Hello,
QC 45574 has the status of being a duplicate of QC 37651.
Unfortunatelly QC 37651 is a FT QC report.
Does it really make sense for a normal report to point to one which
isn't available to many QC users? What to do about? (and what to do
about the topic the report is about? Will it be fixed in the next release?)
Greetings
Markus

Re:Duplicate leads to FT report

"Markus.Humm" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Hello,

QC 45574 has the status of being a duplicate of QC 37651.
Unfortunatelly QC 37651 is a FT QC report.

Does it really make sense for a normal report to point to one which isn't
available to many QC users?
Not really. The more recent report should have been linked to the same RAID
report as the private report.
I found such a situation not long ago. See the thread Duplicate reports,
where Leo did just this.
What to do about?
I'm not sure what can be done, now both are opened, and are linked to
separate RAID reports.
Stewart

Stewart Gaskell wrote:
I'm not sure what can be done, now both are opened,
and are linked to separate RAID reports.
Well, I put comments on both RAID reports indicating that they are
duplicates and removed the duplicate marking from the public report
and added it to the private report. I also sent a note to the CodeGear
tester for the reports.
Now I expect to get an automatic notification when the RAID reports
are marked as dups and then make both of the QC reports point to the
open one. I think that should work and leave the public report showing
all of the votes.
- Leo

{smallsort}

Re:Duplicate leads to FT report