Accuracy of StarTeam 2006 Server logs

2007-06-09 01:32:19 AM
off-topic15
The server log file indicates I logged off at 2007-06-07 13:38:20 and
back on at 2007-06-08 09:49:33
But I can see that I checked in files at 6/7/2007 5:23:57 PM
Why doesn't the server log indicate my logged-in status when I checked-
in the files?

Re:Accuracy of StarTeam 2006 Server logs

< XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
The server log file indicates I logged off at 2007-06-07 13:38:20 and
back on at 2007-06-08 09:49:33
But I can see that I checked in files at 6/7/2007 5:23:57 PM

Why doesn't the server log indicate my logged-in status when I checked-
in the files?
Timing in StarTeam has allways been a bit messy. Some actions are logged
using the time on the client-clock, in other cases ST uses the time on the
server-clock. This can give problems when these clocks are not synchronized.
Your problem might be an example of this.
An other example of such a problem can be that you create a new label, try
to set the configuration to that label, and get an error-mesage saying that
the label doesn't exist yet.
Until Borland realizes that they never should use the client-clock for
anything, you only can avoid problems like this by carefully synchronizing
the clock on your client PC with the server-clock.
Tiedo