Where is BDS integration?

2007-01-24 05:10:36 AM
off-topic8
I think I have everything installed, but when I try to launch the client
from within the IDE, I get:
"StarTeam server StarTeam 2005 R2 does not have an available license for
the required types to support this integration."
This Delphi 2006 Architect I thought included StarTeam and integration.
So I thought maybe I missed something EXTRA in the install, so I saw
"Integration Software". I thought maybe I had to also install that. When I
clicked on that it went to:
ussvs-bes1.borland.com/WebDownload/outcome_pages/st2005_Int_kdown.html
and got a "page cannot be displayed".
What am I supposed to do about integration? I guess I will have to dive
into the ReadMe's again...

Re:Where is BDS integration?

Mark Tiede wrote:
I think I have everything installed, but when I try to launch the
client from within the IDE, I get:

"StarTeam server StarTeam 2005 R2 does not have an available license
for the required types to support this integration."

This Delphi 2006 Architect I thought included StarTeam and
integration.
It does (although I thought it included the 2005 non-R2 server, though
I could easily be wrong), and it works fine for me with R2. Sounds like
you should check your license.
IB 6 versions prior to 6.0.1.6 are pre-release and may corrupt
your DBs! Open Edition users, get 6.0.1.6 from mers.com

Re:Where is BDS integration?

Craig,
Okay, how would I check my license? :-)
The product is BDS 2006 Architect. And we got it with the "developer
pack" or whatever it was that gave you 2 copies for the price of 1.
Think I should be calling Borland or something to get it worked out. Or
should I maybe uninstall BDS and reinstall it and hope it picks up stuff
right?
As I said, I was pretty sure the Architect was supposed to include
StarTeam SERVER support.
p.s.
Hey Craig, I grew up in Newark and had relatives that lived in Hilliard
amongst other places.
"Craig Stuntz [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM [a.k.a. acm.org]>wrote
in message news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
Mark Tiede wrote:

>I think I have everything installed, but when I try to launch the
>client from within the IDE, I get:
>
>"StarTeam server StarTeam 2005 R2 does not have an available license
>for the required types to support this integration."
>
>This Delphi 2006 Architect I thought included StarTeam and
>integration.

It does (although I thought it included the 2005 non-R2 server, though
I could easily be wrong), and it works fine for me with R2. Sounds like
you should check your license.

IB 6 versions prior to 6.0.1.6 are pre-release and may corrupt
your DBs! Open Edition users, get 6.0.1.6 from mers.com

{smallsort}

Re:Where is BDS integration?

Mark Tiede wrote:
Okay, how would I check my license? :-)
Run the "StarTeam Server" application on the server machine, then do
Help->About, and click "License." This is where you enter your license
info.
Think I should be calling Borland or something to get it worked out.
You can, but:
As I said, I was pretty sure the Architect was supposed to include
StarTeam SERVER support.
It does (the server is always free; only the clients need licenses,
and you do get a free client license with Architect).
However, it is a separate install. Forgive me if this seems like a
silly question, but did you install the both the server and the client
license?
Everything You Need to Know About InterBase Character Sets:
blogs.teamb.com/craigstuntz/articles/403.aspx

Re:Where is BDS integration?

Craig,
It has been a long time since ANY question was considered silly by me :-)
I didn't install any "licenses". I installed the Server and Client
software from the StarTeam CDs that came with BDS 2006.
I first tried installing by clicking on the "Server" link. Then I said
custom to see what optional things there were. There were only 2 things not
checked. One was the Server Admin tool and one was the "client". The
Client part just installed the client installation program to disk so that
the client could be installed from there.
After I couldn't get that to work, I uninstalled everything (which wasn't
easy to do because the uninstalls don't work without manual intervention).
Then I reinstalled the Server taking the defaults and then installed the
Client (again by clicking on those choices in the installer app). Neither
worked.
I tried uninstalling and making sure to delete every d**n file I could
find that was in a starteam folder. I tried uninstalling the MSDE database.
I tried deleting the MSDE database files, all the remnant StarTeam files
etc. before trying various combinations of installing. (Getting tired of
installing it, but I'm getting good at it :-)
The Server IS working. And the admin can talk to it. And the Client was
working too. I created a project. But BDS couldn't talk to it because of
the aforementioned error.
Back to uninstalling and reinstalling again unless someone knows what the
problem is....
Mark Tiede wrote:

>Okay, how would I check my license? :-)

Run the "StarTeam Server" application on the server machine, then do
Help->About, and click "License." This is where you enter your license
info.

>Think I should be calling Borland or something to get it worked out.

You can, but:

>As I said, I was pretty sure the Architect was supposed to include
>StarTeam SERVER support.

It does (the server is always free; only the clients need licenses,
and you do get a free client license with Architect).

However, it is a separate install. Forgive me if this seems like a
silly question, but did you install the both the server and the client
license?

Everything You Need to Know About InterBase Character Sets:
blogs.teamb.com/craigstuntz/articles/403.aspx

Re:Where is BDS integration?

Craig,
Ah Ha! My coworker suggested to go into Help About and THERE IT WAS. A
place to put the friggin license info. Now it is working...