Why you should go

2004-07-16 05:53:43 AM
off-topic1
From a Delphi perspective, admittedly:
www.lemanix.com/nick/archive/2004/07/15/933.aspx
--
Nick Hodges -- TeamB
Lemanix Corporation -- www.lemanix.com
Read my Blog -- www.lemanix.com/nick

Re:Why you should go

Did I mention that you get to meet me? ;-)
LOL !
Why don't you hand out your very first compuserve Delpji
forum post in the tutorial session - then autograph it :-)
JoeH

Re:Why you should go

JoeH wrote:
Why don't you hand out your very first compuserve Delpji
forum post in the tutorial session - then autograph it :-)
Jeez, if I could find it. It would probably be very embarassing --
something like "Why do I get a GPF everytime I try to change a PChar?"
--
Nick Hodges -- TeamB
Lemanix Corporation -- www.lemanix.com
Read my Blog -- www.lemanix.com/nick

{smallsort}

Re:Why you should go

Was this it ? :-)
"John,
Try contacting Mike Scott
He's got a nice set of WinG components
that make using it a breeze. Tell him I
sent you....
Nick Hodges
id QQagtk04474; Tue, 12 Mar 1996 15:04:14 -0500 (EST)
JoeH

Re:Why you should go

Great!!! I personally like reason #4 and #15
... and I did add a link into my log (borcon2004.blogspot.com/), if
you don't mind
From a Delphi perspective, admittedly:

JoeH wrote:
"John,
Try contacting Mike Scott
He's got a nice set of WinG components
that make using it a breeze. Tell him I
sent you....
Nick Hodges
id QQagtk04474; Tue, 12 Mar 1996 15:04:14 -0500 (EST)
Oh no, it was /way/ before that. TPW 1.0 timeframe. ;-)
--
Nick Hodges -- TeamB
Lemanix Corporation -- www.lemanix.com
Read my Blog -- www.lemanix.com/nick

Re:Why you should go

There is some problem with pictures, at least I do not see them only X
"Nick Hodges [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
From a Delphi perspective, admittedly:

www.lemanix.com/nick/archive/2004/07/15/933.aspx

Re:Why you should go

ah well, i was vb-distracted until D2.
so missed the earlest Delphi community
activity I guess :-)
JoeH

Re:Why you should go

On 15 Jul 2004, "Nick Hodges [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Oh no, it was /way/ before that. TPW 1.0 timeframe. ;-)
As I recall those early posts were from a Lt. John Hodges. <g>
--
-Mike (TeamB)

Re:Why you should go

"JoeH" <JoeH_at_hqters_dot_com>wrote in message
ah well, i was vb-distracted until D2.
so missed the earlest Delphi community
activity I guess :-)
You must've been Zeppinhoodwinked! <gd&r>
--
Read Jake's Blog!
blogs.slcdug.org/jjacobson/Rss.aspx

Re:Why you should go

JoeH wrote:
earlest Delphi community
activity I guess :-)
Hey, I was an old hand by the time Delphi rolled around. ;-)
--

Mike Williams [TeamB] wrote:

As I recall those early posts were from a Lt. John Hodges. <g>
Indeed they were, before the Navy freaked that I would post with that
moniker. ;-)
--

Serge Dosyukov (Dragon Soft) wrote:
I personally like reason #4 and #15
I think we'd all agree that modesty limited me to a mere two mentions.
;-)
--
Nick Hodges -- TeamB
Lemanix Corporation -- www.lemanix.com
Read my Blog -- www.lemanix.com/nick

Re:Why you should go

LOL!
I think we'd all agree that modesty limited me to a mere two mentions.
;-)

Re:Why you should go

Every other year I try to convince my boss
that I should attend the Borcon (USA).
Reason:
At Borcon USA the Keynote speakers, the
Tutorial givers, the Session presenters,
the Borland guys (and dolls) and finally
the folks you exchange views with at breakfast,
lunch and at the various parties show you
how things were, are and will be in the
dizzying world called 'Computer programming'.
And all this in five days in the Californian
sunshine (!?)
The funny thing: My boss aggrees.
Gerrit K Bijl
Groningen-the Netherlands