Help! Can the BDE Connect to SQL 8.0 with Native Drivers?

2005-10-28 04:46:40 AM
off-topic10
Hello all,
I know that the BDE is not recommended, however, I have a legacy application
that uses the BDE and is currently using ODBC to connect to MSSQL 8.0.
The problem that we have run into is the BLOB limit size. I have seen where
this limit is not present when using the Native Drivers ( sql links ?) We
need to store files larger than 1mb sometimes up to 20mb files.
I have tried to use the MSSQL Driver from the BDEAdmin, however, I have
never been successful in connecting.
I know very little about MS SQL and what is required to connect to it, so I
know I am probably doing something wrong.
The question is, can you connect the BDE via the Native Drivers to MSSQL 8.0
and if so, is there a step by step instruction available. Even what is
required on the SQL Server side. Logins, permissions, etc.. to get this up
and running.
TIA,
Alex

Re:Help! Can the BDE Connect to SQL 8.0 with Native Drivers?

Problem solved.