OS RDBMS: MySQL, PostgreSQL, FirebirdSQL, MaxDB, EnterpriseDB?

2006-09-02 07:21:56 AM
off-topic10
I'm planing on moving and old delphi application to a new RDBMS system.
It has to be:
1) Excellent support for Delphi.
2) Actively developed.
3) Open Source.
I know so far MySQL, PostgreSQL, FirebirdSQL, MaxDB and EnterpriseDB,
but i really don't know how do they score at 1, 2 and 3.
Any recommendations? Comnments?

Re:OS RDBMS: MySQL, PostgreSQL, FirebirdSQL, MaxDB, EnterpriseDB?

kwanbis wrote:
I'm planing on moving and old delphi application to a new RDBMS
system. It has to be:

1) Excellent support for Delphi.
2) Actively developed.
3) Open Source.

I know so far MySQL, PostgreSQL, FirebirdSQL, MaxDB and EnterpriseDB,
but i really don't know how do they score at 1, 2 and 3.

Any recommendations? Comnments?
MySQL is not open source and is only free in a limited set of
circumstances. Read the license carefully.
--
Bill Todd (TeamB)

Re:OS RDBMS: MySQL, PostgreSQL, FirebirdSQL, MaxDB, EnterpriseDB?

MySQL is 100% GPL (General Public License).
MySQBill Todd wrote:
MySQL is not open source and is only free in a limited set of
circumstances. Read the license carefully.

{smallsort}

kwanbis wrote:
MySQL is 100% GPL (General Public License).
That is not what it says at
www.mysql.com/company/legal/licensing/
--
Bill Todd (TeamB)

Re:OS RDBMS: MySQL, PostgreSQL, FirebirdSQL, MaxDB, EnterpriseDB?

From your link:
* If you are developing and distributing open source applications under
the GPL License, then you are free to use MySQL under the GPL License.
* If you are developing and distributing open source applications under
an OSI-Approved License, but not the GPL, MySQL provides the GPL License
with a FLOSS Exception.