Renaming indexes with DbiGetIndexDescs

2006-09-25 07:42:43 PM
off-topic5
I have not found sample of DbiGetIndexDescs() function where it is used to
renaming indexes (Index name). How to I can use it in that purpose?
--
Matti Raiha
eMail: matti.raiha (at) suonentieto.fi

Re:Renaming indexes with DbiGetIndexDescs

"Matti Räih? < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
I have not found sample of DbiGetIndexDescs() function where it is used to
renaming indexes (Index name). How to I can use it in that purpose?
What language and what developer tool are you using?
Rick Carter
XXXX@XXXXX.COM

Re:Renaming indexes with DbiGetIndexDescs

I'm using Delphi 7 Enterprice.

"Matti Räih? <matti.raiha (at) suonentieto.fi>wrote:
>I have not found sample of DbiGetIndexDescs() function where it is used
>renaming indexes (Index name). How to I can use it in that purpose?

What language and what developer tool are you using?

Rick Carter
XXXX@XXXXX.COM

Re:Renaming indexes with DbiGetIndexDescs

"Matti Räih? < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
I'm using Delphi 7 Enterprice.
Then the best places for getting examples would be
info.borland.com/devsupport/bde/bdeapiex/
and the BDE32.HLP file in your BDE directory.
Sorry, I have no experience with using that one, and I'm not
even sure it can be used to rename indexes. Where did you get
the information that it can?
Rick Carter
XXXX@XXXXX.COM

Re:Renaming indexes with DbiGetIndexDescs

info.borland.com/devsupport/bde/bdeapiex/ does not give me the
answer.
Function for renaming index should be similar as:
procedure ChangeField(Table: TTable; Field: TField; Rec: TChangeRec);
but the TChangeRec must be different.
This is TChangeRec which is used when changing field names, field types:
TChangeRec = packed record
szName: DBINAME;
iType: byte;
iSubType: byte;
iLength: word;
iPrecision: byte;
end;
Changing indexes it could be like this (I am not sure):
TChangeIndexRec = packed record
szName: DBINAME;
iBlockSize: word;
iCost: word;
iFldsInKey: word;
iIndexID: word;
iKeyExpType: word;
iKeyLen: word;
iRestrNum: word;
iUnUsed: array[0..15] of word;
end;
But I dont find nowhere code how to use it.
"Rick Carter" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >kirjoitti
viestiss?4519b4e2$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

"Matti Räih? < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
>I'm using Delphi 7 Enterprice.

Then the best places for getting examples would be
info.borland.com/devsupport/bde/bdeapiex/
and the BDE32.HLP file in your BDE directory.

Sorry, I have no experience with using that one, and I'm not
even sure it can be used to rename indexes. Where did you get
the information that it can?

Rick Carter
XXXX@XXXXX.COM

Re:Renaming indexes with DbiGetIndexDescs

DbiGetIndexDescs -function is used to looking up indexnames, etc. I think.
Check(DbiGetIndexDescs(Table.Handle, pIdxDesc));