Why cannot I open BDEAdmin?

2006-11-16 06:42:04 AM
off-topic0
The D7 BDEAdmin closes before it gets fully open. The
Borland Database Desktop when asked to show a little
table's info says "Unknown internal operating system error"
followed by the same message again but with "Token: ascii"
appended. Google shows only one old hit:
groups.google.com/groups
with no response. What's my problem. I have not been
using the BDEAdmin in years. TIA, JohnH

Re:Why cannot I open BDEAdmin?

John Herbster wrote:
The D7 BDEAdmin closes before it gets fully open. The
Borland Database Desktop when asked to show a little
table's info says "Unknown internal operating system error"
followed by the same message again but with "Token: ascii"
appended. Google shows only one old hit:
groups.google.com/groups
with no response. What's my problem. I have not been
using the BDEAdmin in years. TIA, JohnH
Hi John,
I do not know what, specifically, is causing your problem but the fact
that both BDEAdmin and DBD fail suggests that something is damaged or
missing. The first thing that I would try is reinstalling the BDE. The
easiest way to do that is to rename your BDE directory then install the
BDE info utility from ibinstall.defined.net. That will install
the complete BDE 5.2. If everything works just copy the BDE config file
from your old directory to your new BDE directory and you should be
back where you started with everything working.
--
Bill Todd (TeamB)

Re:Why cannot I open BDEAdmin?

Bill,
Thank you. That *may* have cleaned up my problems
-- I am still testing.
It *did* change the location of the BDE files from
C:\Program Files\Common\Borland\BDE to
C:\Program Files\Borland\Common\BDE.
Thanks again, JohnH

{smallsort}

John Herbster wrote:
Bill,
Thank you. That may have cleaned up my problems
-- I am still testing.
It did change the location of the BDE files from
C:\Program Files\Common\Borland\BDE to
C:\Program Files\Borland\Common\BDE.
Thanks again, JohnH
If you want the BDE back in its old location let me know. All you have
to do to move it is change a couple of registry keys.
--
Bill Todd (TeamB)