Error starting ST 2005 on SQL Server 2005

2006-08-28 03:19:47 PM
off-topic15
I have transferred ST database to SQL Server 2005
When I start ST with 'Run as service' option, Server Administration conole
doesn't show green triangle and the buttons are not acessible.
As an application ST starts OK.
What could be wrong?
********************************
If I look at ST 2005 R2 log file I can see an error there:
20 00000004 2006-08-28 16:30:10 Exception handled at
CStServerUtils::InstallStoredProc_9: Class = CDBException, Code =
4294967295(0xffffffff)
Msg = Conversion failed when converting the nvarchar value 'DOTN' to data
type int.
[Stored procedure name] = create_missing_indexes
[Function Name] = CStDbStoredProcedure::Execute
[ODBC Error] = State:22005,Native:245,Origin:[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server
Driver][SQL Server]
21 00000001 2006-08-28 16:30:10 Failed to install stored procedure.
It appears that stored procedure 'create_missing_indexes' doesn't work
properly on SQL Server 2005
If I run a part of it (line 342) it causes error in SQL Server 2005 but not
in SQL Server 2000
select o.name
from sysindexes i, sysobjects o, ctables ctab--, cfields cfld
where i.id = o.id
and indid>0
and indid < 255
and o.type = 'U'
--exclude autostatistic index
and (i.status & 64) = 0
and (i.status & 8388608) = 0
and (i.status & 16777216)= 0
-- and ctab.id = cfld.sttableid
and o.name = ctab.sqlname
order by cast(substring(o.name, 2, 4) as int)

Re:Error starting ST 2005 on SQL Server 2005

I have commented the line
order by cast(substring(o.name, 2, 4) as int)
in StarTeam Server 2005
R2\DBScripts\Sqlserver_Scripts\Create_Stored_Procedures\starteam_sqlserver_create_missing_indexes.sql
I also was experimenting with logins on SQL Server 2005 (because SQL Server
2005 treats security slightly different) and it started to show icons OK.
Don't know what was wrong
Probably ST checks if views and stored procedures are recreated correctly on
server startup

Re:Error starting ST 2005 on SQL Server 2005

It appears StarTeam 2005 doesn't work very well with SQL Server 2005
I get the error:
__LOG_ENTRY__: 68
Table Name: ViewMember
__LOCALIZED_MESSAGE__: Incorrect syntax near 'index'. If this is intended as
a p
art of a table hint, A WITH keyword and parenthesis are now required. See
SQL Se
rver Books Online for proper syntax.
ServiceID: 0
Function Name: CStDbObjectSet::Query
__LOG_TIME__: 30/08/06 2:01:00
ComponentID: 65535
ODBC Error: State:37000,Native:1018,Origin:[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server
Driver][S
QL Server]
User Name: Auto Builder
ClassID: -1
CommandID: 1052
I will move it back to SQL Server 2000

{smallsort}

Re:Error starting ST 2005 on SQL Server 2005

Not that long ago I contacted Borland tech support about using
Starteam with SQL Server 2005 and was told that they wouldn't support
it with the current version of Starteam. They told me to wait until a
version of Starteam was released that officially supported SQL Server
2005. So, in the meantime, we are sticking with SQL 2000 until Borland
says otherwise.
The Brave Sir Robin.
On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 17:19:47 +1000, "Slava Barouline"
<slavadotbarouline@recruitmentsystemsdotcomdotau>wrote:
[...]

I wouldn't expect it to since SQL 2005 wasn't yet released when StarTeam
2005 was.
Even in StarTeam 2005 R2 docs, I can find no mention of being compatible
with SQL 2005.
Did you read somewhere that it would be compatible?
Slava Barouline wrote:
It appears StarTeam 2005 doesn't work very well with SQL Server 2005

Re:Error starting ST 2005 on SQL Server 2005

I have read in the newsgroup that somebody successfully installed it on SQL
Server 2005
Now I know that ST can be installed, but runs with errors on SQL Server 2005
Took me one and half day to make sure

Slava Barouline wrote:
>It appears StarTeam 2005 doesn't work very well with SQL Server 2005

Re:Error starting ST 2005 on SQL Server 2005

Be advised that Borland does not yet officially support sql2k5 for StarTeam.
"Slava Barouline" <slavadotbarouline@recruitmentsystemsdotcomdotau>wrote in
message news:44f4d5a7$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

news:44f429d9$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...