Using PayPal for Get Published

2006-03-13 02:45:14 AM
off-topic4
I was having a chat with Holger Flick about a nice new article he's
working on for ECO, and he mentioned PayPal as a payment option for Get
Published.
Would you like to have an option to receive PayPal payments for
articles you submit to the developer network? Do you use PayPal today?
If so, and you're outside the US, do you find it PayPal a better option
for international payments than using your bank?
--
John Kaster blogs.borland.com/johnk
Features and bugs: qc.borland.com

Re:Using PayPal for Get Published

John Kaster (Borland) wrote:
Would you like to have an option to receive PayPal payments for
articles you submit to the developer network?
Absolutely.
--
Nick Hodges -- TeamB
Dunn Solutions Group -- www.dunnsolutions.com

John Kaster (Borland) wrote:
I was having a chat with Holger Flick about a nice new article he's
working on for ECO, and he mentioned PayPal as a payment option for Get
Published.

Would you like to have an option to receive PayPal payments for
articles you submit to the developer network? Do you use PayPal today?
If so, and you're outside the US, do you find it PayPal a better option
for international payments than using your bank?

Yes, Yes, YES! That would be great. In fact, I was thinking about
asking you for this just a couple of days ago, but it slipped my mind.
With a US$ cheque, if I want to minimize fees, I have to actually take
it down to my specific bank branch, which isn't always convenient. With
Paypal, in may take a couple of extra days to transfer to my account,
but it takes about 30 seconds to arrange it.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]

Lori M Olson [TeamB] wrote:
Yes, Yes, YES! That would be great.
Ok, tx Nick and Lori (and Holger). I'll see what's involved ... but
probably won't happen until after we're "DevCo."
--

John Kaster (Borland) wrote:
If so, and you're outside the US, do you find it PayPal a better
option for international payments than using your bank?
Yes
--
www.jed-software.com
jedqc.blogspot.com

Re:Using PayPal for Get Published

Serge Dosyukov (Dragon Soft) wrote:
there are a few hoops usually and paypal could simplify process a
little but I think it will go along with everything else for the DevCo
Well, there is a web service for PayPal. I'm sure I can do some hoop
reduction ;)
--
John Kaster blogs.borland.com/johnk
Features and bugs: qc.borland.com
Get source: cc.borland.com
If it's not here, it's not happening: ec.borland.com

Re:Using PayPal for Get Published

yes! yes, yes ;o)

John Kaster (Borland) wrote:
Would you like to have an option to receive PayPal payments for
articles you submit to the developer network?
No.
Do you use PayPal today?
I used to, however I wasn't aware of all of their terms of service, so
I am no longer using it.
If so, and you're outside the US, do you find it PayPal a better
option for international payments than using your bank?
I'd rather do it by TT than PayPal. I'm currently looking into:
www.995merchantaccounts.com/
--
Dave Nottage [TeamB]
Have questions?: www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Re:Using PayPal for Get Published

On 12 Mar 2006 11:45:14 -0700, "John Kaster (Borland)"
< XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
I was having a chat with Holger Flick about a nice new article he's
working on for ECO, and he mentioned PayPal as a payment option for Get
Published.

Would you like to have an option to receive PayPal payments for
articles you submit to the developer network? Do you use PayPal today?
If so, and you're outside the US, do you find it PayPal a better option
for international payments than using your bank?
Yes! Paypal is good! Transaction charge is only SGD$1.80, pretty
cheap, for under US$100. Since BDN articles are over US$100, Paypal
doesn't levy any transaction charges.