Lock file Timeout

2006-03-23 10:17:06 PM
off-topic13
We have a 10+ year mature app in D7 and Pdox7. With hundreds of
installations, we have an existing customer receiving this error message
when the app is left idle for some couple of hours, and then the app hangs.
Any clues?

Re:Lock file Timeout

A few thoughts:
1. Could the workstations / server be shutting down NIC and/or hard
drives after a certain amount of idle time? The BDE and Paradox
tables HATE this. Solve it by turning off power-save on NICs and
HDDs.
2. You could help with this by programming a timer that automatically
closes the forms after a certain amount of idle time.
Liz