Null instead of blank - 2nd post - NEED ANSWER

2006-04-17 10:58:12 PM
off-topic13
Hey All,
I have a simple test application pointed to a MS SQL Server, through
dbExpress and datasnap. In the table I am working with I have many nVarChar
fields, these fields can either be Null, Blank, or contain text. The problem
I have is when the SQLResolver creates the Update statement to apply
changes, it is view the Blank nVarChar fields as null. This results in SQL
not finding the record. For instance, if the field CustName is blank, and I
make a change, the Update statement Where clause will be (Where CustName is
Null). This, of course, will come back with Record Not Found or Modified by
Another User error. Any suggestions on how to make the SQLResolver discern
between blanks and nulls?
I at least need to know WHERE I could possibly get an answer to this
question.
Thanks,
Tim

Re:Null instead of blank - 2nd post - NEED ANSWER

Take a look in QC.
qc.borland.com/wc/qcmain.aspx
Ralf

Re:Null instead of blank - 2nd post - NEED ANSWER

Ralf,
Yes, that seems to be the same issue, but I am updated past that version and
I am still getting it. Can anyone else on D2006 duplicate this?
Thanks,
Tim
"Ralf Jansen" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Take a look in QC.