Thank you, and now how2install BDE again?

2005-09-06 05:05:30 PM
off-topic4
Now, how can I install BDE again?
Our problem is that obviously our Delphi3/InstallShield setup doesn't
correctly install BDE - sometimes there is no BDE Admin icon in the control
panel at all, sometimes the icon and bdeadmin.exe is installed but without
the database although we have properly set a full installation instruction
in InstallShield Express.
Is there a possibility to (re)install BDE alone, not as a subproduct of a
normal application setup?
Thanks,
Bernd

Re:Thank you, and now how2install BDE again?

Is there a possibility to (re)install BDE alone, not as a subproduct of a
normal application setup?
There's a BDE 5.2 installer that you can use here:
ibinstall.defined.net/
Go to the BDE Information Utility section under downloads.
David R.

Re:Thank you, and now how2install BDE again?

There's a BDE 5.2 installer that you can use here:
ibinstall.defined.net/
Thank you, but this is for Delphi 6 - our Delphi 3 uses BDEADMIN.EXE 4.00 so
I think this might not work together.

{smallsort}

Bernd Klein wrote:
Thank you, but this is for Delphi 6 - our Delphi 3 uses BDEADMIN.EXE 4.00 so
I think this might not work together.
your older stuff can and *should* be using the newer BDE..
Diamond Software Group
www.diamondsg.com/main.htm
Paradox Support & Sales - Corel CTech Paradox
Diamond Sports Gems
www.diamondsg.com/gemsmain.htm
Trading Cards and other Sports Memorabilia

Re:Thank you, and now how2install BDE again?

The BDE was always tested for backward compatibility. You should be
using the latest version.
--
Bill Todd (TeamB)

"Steven Green" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message

>Thank you, but this is for Delphi 6 - our Delphi 3 uses BDEADMIN.EXE
4.00 so
>I think this might not work together.

your older stuff can and *should* be using the newer BDE..
If I'm running an older BDE, can I used the install utility that was posted
(ibinstall.defined.net/) to upgrade? Are there any issues in
installing this over a previous BDE installation?

Frank Marousek wrote:
If I'm running an older BDE, can I used the install utility that was posted
(ibinstall.defined.net/) to upgrade? Are there any issues in
installing this over a previous BDE installation?
yes, that's the way to do it.. no issues..