Re: Paradox and Hebrew

2006-07-26 05:04:34 PM
off-topic15
I think you find this: DBWINUS0 in your list not DBUSWIN0
and a search on "langdriver" (BDE help)
LANGDRIVER System language driver that defaults to the OEM driver
appropriate for a country's version of Windows; for example, 'ascii'
ANSI (DBWINUS0) for US workstations.
R間is
Liz McGuire a 閏rit :

In the BDE's help file under:

language drivers, Paradox

(BDE 5.2.0.2), there's a list. Though I don't see your DBUSWIN0 in
the list, nor in the list in Paradox's help files (the format suggests
a dBASE driver, but it's not in that list either). It looks familiar
to me, but I don't recall where I've seen it before...

FWIW,

Liz

Erik Schuurman wrote:

>Is there any list available of descriptions of the different language
>drivers, where and when they are used? Our US customers have some tables
>set to DBUSWIN0...

Re:Re: Paradox and Hebrew

And from the list you get three possible lang driver
Long Name : Hebrew dBASE
Internal Name : dbHebrew
Characters Set: DOS CODE PAGE 862
Sort Order Set: Binary
Long Name : Paradox ANSI HEBREW
Internal Name : ANHEBREW
Characters Set: 1255(ANSI)
Sort Order Set: Binary
Long Name : Paradox 'hebrew'
Internal Name : hebrew

"R間is Duc Dodon" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >schreef in bericht

And from the list you get three possible lang driver

Long Name : Hebrew dBASE
Internal Name : dbHebrew
Characters Set: DOS CODE PAGE 862
Sort Order Set: Binary

Long Name : Paradox ANSI HEBREW
Internal Name : ANHEBREW
Characters Set: 1255(ANSI)
Sort Order Set: Binary

Long Name : Paradox 'hebrew'
Internal Name : hebrew
Characters Set: DOS CODE PAGE 862
Sort Order Set: Binary

R間is
You're right it was DBWINUS0 instead of DBUSWIN0.
I did find the above mentioned three options for Hebrew, but if I use
ANSIINTL it also seems to be fine for Hebrew.
Erik

{smallsort}

Re:Re: Paradox and Hebrew

"Erik Schuurman" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >写入消息新闻:44b39261$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
I'm looking for any tricks/hints to be able to store Hebrew texts in a
Paradox database. As far as I know there is no MultiByte support in
Paradox but I would guess there are some routine available somewhere to
convert them may be with some limitations.

TIA,
Erik

Re:Re: Paradox and Hebrew

"Erik Schuurman" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >写入消息新闻:44b39261$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
I'm looking for any tricks/hints to be able to store Hebrew texts in a
Paradox database. As far as I know there is no MultiByte support in
Paradox but I would guess there are some routine available somewhere to
convert them may be with some limitations.

TIA,
Erik

Re:Re: Paradox and Hebrew

Good morning