BCB5 -> BDE -> Outlook?

2006-08-22 11:41:58 AM
off-topic18
If this is in the wrong group I apologize.
I'm trying to access Outlook 2003 contacts in a BCB5 application. I
assume this would go through a TDataSet through the BDE but I'm trying
to be flexible.
The closest I've gotten is the Turbo Power OfficePartner components from
sourceforge.net/projects/tpofficepartner/ but these don't seem to
actually compile in BCB5 (An error about missing BPIs)
Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!
Matt Neimeyer

Re:BCB5 -> BDE -> Outlook?

Matt Neimeyer wrote:
I'm trying to access Outlook 2003 contacts in a BCB5 application. I
assume this would go through a TDataSet through the BDE but I'm
trying to be flexible.
No. If you want to access information in Outlook you must do it using
OLE Automation. Post your question in the oleautomation newsgroup.
Someone there should be able to point you to some examples.
--
Bill Todd (TeamB)

Re:BCB5 -> BDE -> Outlook?

Accessing Outlook/Exchange data via TDataSet can be done with ADO/Jet.
However, it provides only a subset of information.
Alternatives to OLE automation may be MAPI and CDO.
Marx
"Bill Todd" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Matt Neimeyer wrote:

>I'm trying to access Outlook 2003 contacts in a BCB5 application. I
>assume this would go through a TDataSet through the BDE but I'm
>trying to be flexible.

No. If you want to access information in Outlook you must do it using
OLE Automation. Post your question in the oleautomation newsgroup.
Someone there should be able to point you to some examples.

--
Bill Todd (TeamB)

{smallsort}

Re:BCB5 -> BDE -> Outlook?

I am using BC++Builder 6 with the bcb97axserver components.
This gives interfaces with all Office 97 or 2000 applications including
Outlook.
I suggest you google it and go from there.
Good luck
George