Re: How to reopen a feature request?

2006-07-25 11:00:53 AM
off-topic6
Lord Crc wrote:
This was btw my suggestion on how to handle
the situation, seems I wasn't alone on that idea :)
It was a very good suggestion. Thanks.
--
John Kaster blogs.borland.com/johnk
Features and bugs: qc.borland.com

Re:Re: How to reopen a feature request?

"Nick Hodges (Borland/DevCo)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
JED wrote:

>It is very hard to debug some VCL code because of the usage of WITH. I
>suggest either having the de{*word*81} support WITH or removing WITH.

Amen.
Preaching to the choir, JED. ;-)

Amen.
--
Thanks,
Brad.

Re:Re: How to reopen a feature request?

many of "retest" cases were feature requests
they were opened at some point, and they are not yet in, so I think
"reevaluation" is probably closest thing to do for such reports...
>should we reopen all cases which were closed without a fix and marked
>as retest?

Well, after you retest them and make sure that they are still valid
reports in the current release build. ;-)

{smallsort}

Re:Re: How to reopen a feature request?

On 24 Jul 2006 20:00:53 -0700, "John Kaster (Borland/DevCo)"
< XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Lord Crc wrote:

>This was btw my suggestion on how to handle
>the situation, seems I wasn't alone on that idea :)

It was a very good suggestion. Thanks.
You're welcome :) After giving it some thought, I think this is
probably one of the better solutions overall, as I can see the problem
of "stale" reports piling up.
- Asbjørn

Serge Dosyukov (Dragon Soft) wrote:
many of "retest" cases were feature requests
Yeah -- that was a bit off.
--
Nick Hodges
Delphi/C# Product Manager - DevCo

Re:Re: How to reopen a feature request?

so, as a sysops, should we reopen those which were opened originally and
then closed without the reason and marked as "retest"?
>many of "retest" cases were feature requests

Yeah -- that was a bit off.

Re:Re: How to reopen a feature request?

Serge Dosyukov (Dragon Soft) wrote:
so, as a sysops, should we reopen those which were opened originally
and then closed without the reason and marked as "retest"?
That's not my call --- but it seems logical that what needs to be done
is a query that finds all feature requests that are marked retest and
then open them back up.
--
Nick Hodges
Delphi/C# Product Manager - DevCo
blogs.borland.com/nickhodges

Re:Re: How to reopen a feature request?

"Nick Hodges (Borland/DevCo)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Serge Dosyukov (Dragon Soft) wrote:

>so, as a sysops, should we reopen those which were opened originally
>and then closed without the reason and marked as "retest"?

That's not my call --- but it seems logical that what needs to be done
is a query that finds all feature requests that are marked retest and
then open them back up.

I agree.
What we don't want is to have them blindly reopened
en masse. Take a look at it and if the request still makes
sense, then open it.
I think if you keep in mind that it is your reputation
and sysop status that is on the line, I would completely
trust you to make those decisions sensibly. 8:-)
And if there are any that you aren't sure about,
you could always post those here.
Going through them all at once like this makes
a lot more sense and should be a lot more efficient
than having people post them here one at a time.
--
HTH,
Brad.

Re:Re: How to reopen a feature request?

hear-hear
I agree.

I think if you keep in mind that it is your reputation
and sysop status that is on the line, I would completely
trust you to make those decisions sensibly. 8:-)
was lucky so far ;o)

Re:Re: How to reopen a feature request?

It is very hard to debug some VCL code because of the usage of WITH. I
suggest either having the de{*word*81} support WITH or removing WITH.

Being able to debug the VCL is very important.

We have a lot of generated code "with" long variable names which make use of
the with statement nessesary:
qc.borland.com/wc/qcmain.aspx
Rgds,
Ortelius