decompiler?

2005-05-07 04:33:13 AM
off-topic18
We have an older Turbo Pascal program written and can't find the source code. Has anyone heard of or know if a decompiler is available? All I've found is disassemblers, which might be an option.
Thanks,
Scott

Re:decompiler?

Scott wrote:
We have an older Turbo Pascal program written and can't find the
source code. Has anyone heard of or know if a decompiler is
available? All I've found is disassemblers, which might be an
option.
I am afraid you are out of luck.
56) How can I reverse a TP .EXE or .TPU back into source code?
169462 Oct 27 2004 garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/link/tsfaqp.zip
tsfaqp.zip Common Turbo Pascal Questions and Timo's answers
All the best, Timo
--
Prof. Timo Salmi ftp & garbo.uwasa.fi/ archives 193.166.120.5
Department of Accounting and Business Finance ; University of Vaasa

Re:decompiler?

"Scott" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

We have an older Turbo Pascal program written and can't find
the source code. Has anyone heard of or know if a decompiler
is available? All I've found is disassemblers, which might be
an option.
Not 'an option', the only option. Your best bet is IDA <www.datarescue.com/>, which uses FLIRT, enabling you to find calls to the RTL, which may make your life a bit easier, provided the program is written in TP5 or later.
Robert

{smallsort}

Re:decompiler?

Not 'an option', the only option. Your best bet is IDA <www.datarescue.com/>, which uses FLIRT,
Well, I can think of at least two more options:
1. Rewrite from scratch.
2. Live with whatever limitations exist in the current executable
that you had hopes of addressing.
<g>
People who go looking for a decompiler usually wind up going for one
of those options...

Re:decompiler?

On 2005-05-09, Paul Dolen < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
>Not 'an option', the only option. Your best bet is IDA <www.datarescue.com/>, which uses FLIRT,

Well, I can think of at least two more options:

1. Rewrite from scratch.
2. Live with whatever limitations exist in the current executable
that you had hopes of addressing.
3. Find source

Re:decompiler?

In article <427bd489$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >, "Scott"
< XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
We have an older Turbo Pascal program written and can't find the source
code.
I had some money but it fell through a hole in my pocket.
How can I get it back?