transportation to convention center

2004-07-02 03:01:16 PM
off-topic18
It's my first time to attend Borcon and also in States. Any suggestion would
be more than appreciate. I should arrive at San Francisco International
airport on Saturday around 7 PM. What options do I have to travel to Crowne
Plaza Hotel-San Jose(The one
that close to the Convention Center).
Thanks a lot.
Beamer

Re:transportation to convention center

Hi Beamer,
It's my first time to attend Borcon and also in States. Any suggestion would
be more than appreciate. I should arrive at San Francisco International
airport on Saturday around 7 PM. What options do I have to travel to Crowne
Plaza Hotel-San Jose(The one that close to the Convention Center).
A shuttle bus from your hotel (could mean some waiting time), or a
taxi/cab (more expensive).
It might be worthwhile to share a cab with 3 or more developers (if you
happen to know more people who arrive at approx. the same time). Just
wear a "Mark Miller" sign telling that you are looking for people to
share a cab to BorCon 2004 in San Jose ;-)
Thanks a lot.
Beamer
Groetjes,
Bob Swart (aka Dr.Bob - www.DrBob42.com)
--
Bob Swart Training & Consultancy (eBob42) Borland Technology Partner
Delphi Win32 & .NET training en support - IntraWeb Authorized Trainer

Robert Love wrote:
>It's my first time to attend Borcon and also in States. Any
>suggestion would be more than appreciate. I should arrive at
>San Francisco International airport on Saturday around 7 PM.
>What options do I have to travel to Crowne Plaza Hotel-San
>Jose(The one that close to the Convention Center).

I talked with a few people who had sucess with the light rail
system. I was thinking of trying it this year.

www.vta.org/

This doesn't seem to get you from San Francisco International
Airport to San Jose. Note that per
www.bart.gov/guide/transit/transit.asp
the Bay Area Rapid Transit District offers free trip planning (may
be worth the cost of the international call). A little poking
around digs up:
www.bart.gov/guide/airport/airport.asp
"If you want to travel to San Jose or the South Bay, take a
Millbrae-bound BART train from SFO to the Millbrae Station (a
five-minute ride) and transfer there to CalTrain or connecting bus
service for the trip south."
www.caltrain.com/
Looking at the schedule, the trip from Millbrae to San Jose takes
about an hour and ten minutes.
-Brion

{smallsort}

Re:transportation to convention center

Thank you for all suggestions. I'll try to catch the shuttle bus/taxi when I
reach there.
:)
"Robert Love" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
>This doesn't seem to get you from San Francisco International
>Airport to San Jose. Note that per

Good Point, I was flying into the San Jose Airport.

Robert Love
--
Robert Love - XXXX@XXXXX.COM
My Blog: peakxml.com

Re:transportation to convention center

I'll try to catch the shuttle bus/taxi when I reach there.
Hiring a car for a day is actually cheaper than a taxi. It's a long way
from SFO to San Jose. You'd need to arrange a dropoff at the SJ end,
though.
Cheers,
Jim Cooper
Jim Cooper XXXX@XXXXX.COM
Falafel Software www.falafelsoft.co.uk

Re:transportation to convention center

Jim Cooper wrote:
Hiring a car
For you Americans, that's "renting a car". ;-)
--
Nick Hodges -- TeamB
Lemanix Corporation -- www.lemanix.com

On 06 Jul 2004, "Nick Hodges [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
For you Americans, that's "renting a car". ;-)
Which is typically expensive to rent one way.
--
-Mike (TeamB)

Re:transportation to convention center

Which is typically expensive to rent one way.
Whether it's renting or hiring, last year it was cheaper than a taxi.

Jim Cooper wrote:
Whether it's renting or hiring,
Sorry, no offense intended -- "Hiring" a car in the US pretty much
means getting a limousine service.
--
Nick Hodges -- TeamB
Lemanix Corporation -- www.lemanix.com
Read my Blog -- www.lemanix.com/nick

Re:transportation to convention center

Sorry, no offense intended
None taken.
-- "Hiring" a car in the US pretty much means getting a limousine service.
Ah, OK. In English speaking countries we're clearer about the difference
:-) On that topic though, I seem to recall that there were some limo
services cheaper than a taxi when I looked last year.