need hellp deploying project with visibroker orb

2005-03-30 10:23:55 AM
off-topic18
Hello all.
i have win2000, jbuilder2005 Ent. and BES6.0.
I use visibroker ORB, but I am NOT targeting my project for Borland
enterprise server appserver. so, following the jbuilder help, i added one
library to my project, which is "borland enterprise server 6.0
client".(again, i am not talking to any borland server). The project
compiled and ran just fine. however, deploying it is a different story:
scenario 1:
since i don't know what needs to be added in archives, so i use "include
all" option in dependencies for the 'borland enterprise server6.0 client'
library.
result:
systemException : org.omg.CORBA.INITIALIZE: Unable to load file
"com/inprise/vbroker/orb/ORB.properties" minor code: 0 completed: No.
scenario 2:
i use "exclude all" option in dependencies. and i override the executable
config with the specified file, which has the content like this:
addbootpath vbjorb.jar //this jar file is copied from BES6.0 lib
directory.
mainclass foo.fooApp
result:
systemException : org.omg.CORBA.INITIALIZE:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com/borland/security/core/Init/Init minor
code: 0 completed: No
scenario 3:
same as scenario 2, except i use the vbjorb.jar from BES6.5 lib directroy
this time.
result: WORKS!
BES6.5 is a trial version. so, i would like to get BES6.0 to work.
any help/comments/guess are appreciated.
thx
SH

Re:need hellp deploying project with visibroker orb

For scenario 2, put vbsec.jar in the class path. You may also need other
jars like lm.jar in the classpath as well.
HTH
Arshad
"SH" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
[...]

Thanks Arshad.
as you suggested, i added:
lm.jar, santuary.jar, and sanct2.jar.
i still got the same error. what else is missing.?
thx.
SH.

news:424a0cf2$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>Hello all.
>
>i have win2000, jbuilder2005 Ent. and BES6.0.
>
>I use visibroker ORB, but I am NOT targeting my project for Borland
>enterprise server appserver. so, following the jbuilder help, i added
one
>library to my project, which is "borland enterprise server 6.0
>client".(again, i am not talking to any borland server). The project
>compiled and ran just fine. however, deploying it is a different story:
>
>scenario 1:
>
>since i don't know what needs to be added in archives, so i use "include
>all" option in dependencies for the 'borland enterprise server6.0
client'
>library.
>
>result:
>systemException : org.omg.CORBA.INITIALIZE: Unable to load file
>"com/inprise/vbroker/orb/ORB.properties" minor code: 0 completed: No.
>
>scenario 2:
>
>i use "exclude all" option in dependencies. and i override the
executable
>config with the specified file, which has the content like this:
>
>addbootpath vbjorb.jar //this jar file is copied from BES6.0 lib
>directory.
>mainclass foo.fooApp
>
>result:
>systemException : org.omg.CORBA.INITIALIZE:
>java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com/borland/security/core/Init/Init
minor
>code: 0 completed: No
>
>scenario 3:
>same as scenario 2, except i use the vbjorb.jar from BES6.5 lib
directroy
>this time.
>
>result: WORKS!
>
>BES6.5 is a trial version. so, i would like to get BES6.0 to work.
>any help/comments/guess are appreciated.
>
>thx
>SH

{smallsort}

Re:need hellp deploying project with visibroker orb

it worked after vbsec.jar is added. thanks for the hint.

news:424a5e94$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>For scenario 2, put vbsec.jar in the class path. You may also need other
>jars like lm.jar in the classpath as well.
>
>HTH
>Arshad
>
>"SH" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
>news:424a0cf2$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>>Hello all.
>>
>>i have win2000, jbuilder2005 Ent. and BES6.0.
>>
>>I use visibroker ORB, but I am NOT targeting my project for Borland
>>enterprise server appserver. so, following the jbuilder help, i added
one
>>library to my project, which is "borland enterprise server 6.0
>>client".(again, i am not talking to any borland server). The project
>>compiled and ran just fine. however, deploying it is a different
story:

>>scenario 1:
>>
>>since i don't know what needs to be added in archives, so i use
"include
>>all" option in dependencies for the 'borland enterprise server6.0
client'
>>library.
>>
>>result:
>>systemException : org.omg.CORBA.INITIALIZE: Unable to load file
>>"com/inprise/vbroker/orb/ORB.properties" minor code: 0 completed: No.
>>
>>scenario 2:
>>
>>i use "exclude all" option in dependencies. and i override the
executable
>>config with the specified file, which has the content like this:
>>
>>addbootpath vbjorb.jar //this jar file is copied from BES6.0 lib
>>directory.
>>mainclass foo.fooApp
>>
>>result:
>>systemException : org.omg.CORBA.INITIALIZE:
>>java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com/borland/security/core/Init/Init
>minor
>>code: 0 completed: No
>>
>>scenario 3:
>>same as scenario 2, except i use the vbjorb.jar from BES6.5 lib
directroy
>>this time.
>>
>>result: WORKS!
>>
>>BES6.5 is a trial version. so, i would like to get BES6.0 to work.
>>any help/comments/guess are appreciated.
>>
>>thx
>>SH

Re:need hellp deploying project with visibroker orb

just want to clarify, only vbsec.jar and vbjorb.jar are needed to get
scenario 2 to work.
any helps for scenario 1.
thanks
SH

news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>Thanks Arshad.
>as you suggested, i added:
>lm.jar, santuary.jar, and sanct2.jar.
>
>i still got the same error. what else is missing.?
>thx.
>SH.
>
>"Arshad Khan" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
>news:424a5e94$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>>For scenario 2, put vbsec.jar in the class path. You may also need
other
>>jars like lm.jar in the classpath as well.
>>
>>HTH
>>Arshad
>>
>>"SH" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
>>news:424a0cf2$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>>>Hello all.
>>>
>>>i have win2000, jbuilder2005 Ent. and BES6.0.
>>>
>>>I use visibroker ORB, but I am NOT targeting my project for Borland
>>>enterprise server appserver. so, following the jbuilder help, i
added
>one
>>>library to my project, which is "borland enterprise server 6.0
>>>client".(again, i am not talking to any borland server). The project
>>>compiled and ran just fine. however, deploying it is a different
story:

>>>scenario 1:
>>>
>>>since i don't know what needs to be added in archives, so i use
"include
>>>all" option in dependencies for the 'borland enterprise server6.0
>client'
>>>library.
>>>
>>>result:
>>>systemException : org.omg.CORBA.INITIALIZE: Unable to load file
>>>"com/inprise/vbroker/orb/ORB.properties" minor code: 0 completed:
No.

>>>scenario 2:
>>>
>>>i use "exclude all" option in dependencies. and i override the
>executable
>>>config with the specified file, which has the content like this:
>>>
>>>addbootpath vbjorb.jar //this jar file is copied from BES6.0 lib
>>>directory.
>>>mainclass foo.fooApp
>>>
>>>result:
>>>systemException : org.omg.CORBA.INITIALIZE:
>>>java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
com/borland/security/core/Init/Init
>>minor
>>>code: 0 completed: No
>>>
>>>scenario 3:
>>>same as scenario 2, except i use the vbjorb.jar from BES6.5 lib
>directroy
>>>this time.
>>>
>>>result: WORKS!
>>>
>>>BES6.5 is a trial version. so, i would like to get BES6.0 to work.
>>>any help/comments/guess are appreciated.
>>>
>>>thx
>>>SH

Re:need hellp deploying project with visibroker orb

If your application is pure VisiBroker client then I think vbjorb.jar and
vbsec.jar are enough. Other jars may be needed when you are implementing
server functionality (and you need the license too).
For scenario 1, I'm not sure what jars are inlcuded, but you can run 'vbj'
on command line with the flag -VBJdebug and it will show you what jars it
passes in the classpath:
i.e.
vbj -VBJdebug
This command will also list certain properties that need to be set. You'd
need to set them in your JB project as well (if they are not already there)