Is GetPublished editor working properly?

2006-10-12 12:38:34 AM
off-topic16
I have tried to modify exiting article which required modification
accordingly to the review
* if I try to submit edited text from the editor while HTML tab is selected,
all my modifications are lost. I have to switch to the Design tab and then
submit
* when I am going to preview my article after submission, in preview it is
"rolled" around - somewhere in the middle it is cut shifted up and then
beginning is shown. This is due to missing <TBODY>tag
* once in the while submit process will timed out and modifications are lost
* Editor does not support "Undo"
* Editor does not support internal "anchors" - you can put link to
something, but not target link to jump to
* will be nice to have Spellchecker, there are one available for ASP.Net,
why not to have it here
* will be nice to have a button which will tell when article is ready to the
reviewer and notify him about such event

Re:Is GetPublished editor working properly?

Serge Dosyukov (Dragon Soft) wrote:
* if I try to submit edited text from the editor while HTML tab is
selected, all my modifications are lost. I have to switch to the
Design tab and then submit
Are you using firefox or IE? That HTML editor is incredibly finicky
with FF, unfortunately.
--
John Kaster blogs.borland.com/johnk
Features and bugs: qc.borland.com

Re:Is GetPublished editor working properly?

Actually it is IE7
What version of the editor are you using?
>* if I try to submit edited text from the editor while HTML tab is
>selected, all my modifications are lost. I have to switch to the
>Design tab and then submit

Are you using firefox or IE? That HTML editor is incredibly finicky
with FF, unfortunately.

{smallsort}

On 11/10/2006 18:38:34, Serge Dosyukov (Dragon Soft) wrote:
* if I try to submit edited text from the editor while HTML tab is
selected, all my modifications are lost. I have to switch to the
Design tab and then submit
I can't reproduce this. Can you try this with IE6?
* when I am going to preview my article
after submission, in preview it is "rolled" around - somewhere in
the middle it is cut shifted up and then beginning is shown. This
is due to missing <TBODY>tag
Is the problem in the HTML editor or in the preview page? Can you
post the article ID?
* Editor does not support "Undo"
I'm not sure that's possible with the version we're using. File a
request in QC and I'll take a look.
* Editor does not support internal "anchors" - you can put
link to something, but not target link to jump to
Again, a limitation of the editor. If you're familiar with a good
HTML editor, let me know. In the meantime, you should be able to do
this by editing the HTML.
* will be nice to
have Spellchecker, there are one available for ASP.Net, why not to
have it here
Too many features, not enough time. Again, put it in QC and I'll take
a look, and any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
* will be nice to have a button which will tell when article is
ready to the reviewer and notify him about such event
We'll have more notifications for the various roles.
--
Yorai Aminov (TeamB)
Shorter Path - www.shorterpath.com

Yorai Aminov (TeamB) wrote:
I can't reproduce this. Can you try this with IE6?
FWIW, I definitely see it with FireFox.
--
John Kaster blogs.borland.com/johnk
Features and bugs: qc.borland.com
Get source: cc.borland.com
If it's not here, it's not happening: ec.borland.com

Re:Is GetPublished editor working properly?

>* when I am going to preview my article
>after submission, in preview it is "rolled" around - somewhere in
>the middle it is cut shifted up and then beginning is shown. This
>is due to missing <TBODY>tag

Is the problem in the HTML editor or in the preview page? Can you
post the article ID?
Page in Design Tab of the editor works just fine, where Preview was not.
>* Editor does not support "Undo"

I'm not sure that's possible with the version we're using. File a
request in QC and I'll take a look.
If I am correct with the origin of the Editor you are using, from what I see
here freetextbox.com/default.aspx
Undo/Redo is available feature.
>* Editor does not support internal "anchors" - you can put
>link to something, but not target link to jump to

Again, a limitation of the editor. If you're familiar with a good
HTML editor, let me know. In the meantime, you should be able to do
this by editing the HTML.
Yes, I've seen it, since I think I have source for Editor. I would leave it
for now as is and might be discuss it with FreeTextBox team.
>* will be nice to
>have Spellchecker, there are one available for ASP.Net, why not to
>have it here

Too many features, not enough time. Again, put it in QC and I'll take
a look, and any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
;o)
>* will be nice to have a button which will tell when article is
>ready to the reviewer and notify him about such event

We'll have more notifications for the various roles.
Thank you

Re:Is GetPublished editor working properly?

>* Editor does not support "Undo"

I'm not sure that's possible with the version we're using. File a
request in QC and I'll take a look.
Report No: 35424 Status: Reported
Support for Undo/Redo
qc.borland.com/wc/qcmain.aspx
>* Editor does not support internal "anchors" - you can put
>link to something, but not target link to jump to

Again, a limitation of the editor. If you're familiar with a good
HTML editor, let me know. In the meantime, you should be able to do
this by editing the HTML.
Report No: 35425 Status: Reported
Editor does not support internal "anchors" syntax
qc.borland.com/wc/qcmain.aspx
>* will be nice to
>have Spellchecker, there are one available for ASP.Net, why not to
>have it here

Too many features, not enough time. Again, put it in QC and I'll take
a look, and any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Report No: 35426 Status: Reported
Add basic spellcheck functionality in the editor

Yorai Aminov (TeamB) wrote:
Again, a limitation of the editor. If you're familiar with a good
HTML editor, let me know. In the meantime, you should be able to do
this by editing the HTML.
FreeTextBox is a good HTML editor supporting both Firefox and IE, and
supports RTF for both.

On 25/10/2006 03:59:24, Chee Wee (Borland) wrote:
FreeTextBox is a good HTML editor supporting both Firefox and IE,
and supports RTF for both.
Thanks, that's what we're using.