Random problem with links

2005-06-09 06:50:20 PM
off-topic7
I just went into bdn.borland.com, and pressed "Examples" on the tab. Then I
got this error:
Server Error in '/' Application.
The resource cannot be found.
dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is
temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that
it is spelled correctly.
Requested Url: /community
Version:1.1.4322.573
-----------------
After that I went back to bdn, and pressed it again. This time it worked.
I have been experiencing this often now. But normally only the first time I
go into the site. Maybe there are some buffering problems...

Re:Random problem with links

Atle Smelvfr wrote:
I just went into bdn.borland.com, and pressed "Examples" on the tab.
Then I got this error:

Server Error in '/' Application.
----------

The resource cannot be found.
its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or
is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make
sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested url: /community
Yes, something is causing the URL redirecting to stop working on a
random basis, if I bump the web.config on the site everything starts
working again which has made it a bit difficult to reproduce in
development.
--
Robert Love
Blog: peakxml.com

Re:Random problem with links

Thank you for checking in on things. Could you check the bdn.qualitycentral
group also.
I posted one problem there on request from John.
-Atle

{smallsort}

Re:Random problem with links

Thank you for fixing it.
Could you change my name on this item also:
cc.borland.com/Item.aspx
I changed my community profile name after it was posted, so the change did
not cascade into this post. Change Rolf Einar Eriksen to Atle Smelvaer.
Very nice of you if you can fix this.
-Atle

Re:Random problem with links

And delete this duplicate post:
cc.borland.com/Item.aspx
Still no delete button available for me, only edit.
Kind regards, Atle.

Re:Random problem with links

I changed my community profile name after it was posted, so the change did
not cascade into this post. Change Rolf Einar Eriksen to Atle Smelvaer.
The cascade change problem also gives another problem. When pressing link on
author, I get 0 submissions for this one (maybe because the report is saved
with my name somewhere else..).
If I search for Rolf Einar Eriksen, I find no records.
If I search for XXXX@XXXXX.COM I find 3 records. Even one that
does not show up on recent uploads...
If I search for Atle Smelvaer I find no records.
I do not find any of my records by using any keywords that exist inside the
report. Is there something wrong with this also? You could test this out by
first searching with submitter:
XXXX@XXXXX.COM
search and find 3 records.
then add keyword: soap
search and find 0 records.
Could you check into this search problem.

Atle Smelvfr wrote:
And delete this duplicate post:

cc.borland.com/Item.aspx

Still no delete button available for me, only edit.

Kind regards, Atle.
I need to add a delete button so everyone can delete there own entries.
it will also appear next week.
--
Robert Love
Blog: peakxml.com

Atle Smelvfr wrote:
I changed my community profile name after it was posted, so the
change did not cascade into this post. Change Rolf Einar Eriksen to
Atle Smelvaer.
If things go as planned when you visit the site next week it will auto
update. I would like to put this code in place to verify instead of
changing it by hand, to verify that the code works.
--
Robert Love
Blog: peakxml.com

Atle Smelvfr wrote:
The cascade change problem also gives another problem. When pressing
link on author, I get 0 submissions for this one (maybe because the
report is saved with my name somewhere else..).
No, that is not the problem, the author.aspx does have problems. I
know how to fix this and most likely this will be done today.
If I search for Rolf Einar Eriksen, I find no records.
Search has some real problems when someone has more than a first/last
single word name. Can you enter a QC item on this so I don't forget
to fix it.
If I search for XXXX@XXXXX.COM I find 3 records. Even one
that does not show up on recent uploads...
If I search for Atle Smelvaer I find no records.
That is because the name has not auto updated yet, still need to write
the code to do it.
I do not find any of my records by using any keywords that exist
inside the report. Is there something wrong with this also? You could
test this out by first searching with submitter:
XXXX@XXXXX.COM
search and find 3 records.
then add keyword: soap
search and find 0 records.
This is because keyword generation for the items uses the title and the
description. It does not break works apart, and you have not used the
single word of "soap" anywhere in your title or description.
--
Robert Love
Blog: peakxml.com

Robert Love wrote:
I would like to put this code in place to verify instead of
changing it by hand, to verify that the code works.
Excellent idea ;)
--
John Kaster blogs.borland.com/johnk
Features and bugs: qc.borland.com

Re:Random problem with links

Any changes?
Still no delete button to delete duplicate reports after exception.
Still search does not work, and some other odd behaviour.
To test..
Go to Delphi area on code central. Press the "Recent Uploads" link.
You will see that there are 2 "TSOAPDatamodule session handling" posts.
Press "Search" and in submitter write: XXXX@XXXXX.COM
Now you will find 3 posts. But still only 2 posts show up at "Recent
Uploads". So there is a bug here somewhere.
Now, after this search. Try a new one. Write TSOAPDatamodule as your
keyword. Now you will find none of the posts. Try any other keyword, and
none of the posts will appear. So there is something wrong with the search
engine or the posts.
-Atle

Atle Smelvfr wrote:
Any changes?

Still no delete button to delete duplicate reports after exception.
Deployed.
Still search does not work, and some other odd behaviour.
Thanks for the explaination, I have identified why, its not working and
I am working on a solution.
--
Robert Love
Blog: peakxml.com

Re:Random problem with links

>Any changes?
>
>Still no delete button to delete duplicate reports after exception.

Deployed.
Not working.
Tried deleting this report:
cc.borland.com/Item.aspx
And I get this error:
Server Error in '/' Application.
----
to an instance of an object.
Source Error:
Stack Trace:
object.]
BDPUtils.Units.BDPUtils.GetField(BdpConnection aCnxn, String aField,
String aTable, Int32 aDefault, String aWhere, BdpParameterCollection Params)
Item.TWebForm1.btnDelete_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePo
stBackEvent(String eventArgument) +57
sourceControl, String eventArgument) +18
----
Version:1.1.4322.573