Integration between web-client and win-client

2006-07-18 11:31:09 PM
off-topic9
Would be nice to have integration from win-client to web-client
when referring to the particular report it is useful to put a link to the
report in e-mail,
currently one has to remember exact format of the URL
will be great to be able clicking on report ID (as an example) to go to the
web-page or have such option available in the "Reports" menu
qc.borland.com/wc/qcmain.aspx

Re:Integration between web-client and win-client

Serge Dosyukov (Dragon Soft) wrote:
Would be nice to have integration from win-client to web-client
when referring to the particular report it is useful to put a link to
the report in e-mail, currently one has to remember exact format of
the URL
I think there's been a feature request entered to support a "QC
protocol" for bug reports. I plan to clean up the URL pattern for the
QC web client before the end of the year.
--
John Kaster blogs.borland.com/johnk
Features and bugs: qc.borland.com

Re:Integration between web-client and win-client

"Serge Dosyukov (Dragon Soft)" <serge [AT] dragonsoftru [DoT] com>wrote in
message news:44bcfebc$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
Would be nice to have integration from win-client to web-client
when referring to the particular report it is useful to put a link to the
report in e-mail,
currently one has to remember exact format of the URL

I don't understand what you are asking, but
this may be related.
JED has a utility that monitors URLs that you
click on, and if you click on a report link,
as a sysop would be wont to do, it redirects
the request to JED, QC.
For some reason Jeremy didn't want to view
reports in the web client.
--
Thanks,
Brad.

{smallsort}

Re:Integration between web-client and win-client

I've somehow missed 26066 report, but it is the same what I was asking...
mine is already linked to this one as a duplicate
I don't understand what you are asking, but
this may be related.

Re:Integration between web-client and win-client

Serge Dosyukov (Dragon Soft) wrote:
I've somehow missed 26066 report, but it is the same what I was
asking... mine is already linked to this one as a duplicate

>I don't understand what you are asking, but
>this may be related.
This is a feature on my client. The URL pattern is stored in the
options table so if the URL changes, as long as only the report number
changes (and the rest of the URL is static) my client can cope with URL
changes.
This option is on the Paths and URLs options page, which also includes
the path to the stats web page (which is accessible via the Tools menu)
and the actual webservice urls should they ever change.
FWIW I also don't think I would have been the only person to think of
this. Smiley or no smiley.
--
Compact Framework for Delphi 2006: www.jed-software.com/cf.htm
QualityCentral Windows Client: www.jed-software.com/qc.htm

Re:Integration between web-client and win-client

oh, come on, I do not pretend to be a smartest guy ;o)