2006 Conference

2006-06-15 02:11:14 PM
off-topic8
(re-posted from non-tech)
Will there be one?
Will this be Borland(ALM)s last chance to grab some change from us?
or will this fund raiser go to the new DevCo?
Anyone going if they have one?
It will be interesting. If the Ole'Borland throws it, what will they
talk about? ALM stuff with no Delphi? If the new DevCo throws it, then
I imagine it will be quite interesting and fun.
---

Re:2006 Conference

Bob wrote:
(re-posted from non-tech)

Will there be one?
Will this be Borland(ALM)s last chance to grab some change from us?
or will this fund raiser go to the new DevCo?

Anyone going if they have one?

It will be interesting. If the Ole'Borland throws it, what will they
talk about? ALM stuff with no Delphi? If the new DevCo throws it, then
I imagine it will be quite interesting and fun.
I hope there will be a DevCo conference and that it will be a
substantial event with an {*word*201} amount of technical content.
This is their opportunity to introduce themselves to the world and
differentiate themselves from Borland of the past. I hope it's seen as
more of a marketing (not to be confused with fluff) opportunity than as
a revenue source. It's been said before: having a superior technical
product is great, but it's almost always better if people actually know
about it and know why they should care.
Oh, and have some Delphi branded stuff.
If (when) there is a conference, I will be there.
--
Regards,
Bruce McGee

Re:2006 Conference

"Bruce McGee" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message

If (when) there is a conference, I will be there.
John Kaster replied to an earlier post saying they defiantly have plans, but
after the DevCo announcement. I've already made plans to attend Visual
Studio Live (in September) and I can still cancel (I'd much rather go to
DevCon), but if there isn't some kind of DevCon announcement by the end of
this month, I'm off to VS Live.
krf

{smallsort}

Re:2006 Conference

"Bob" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
(re-posted from non-tech)

Will there be one?
This:
We cannot finalize any plans until the spin-off completes, but we are
planning on having a conference this year.

--
John Kaster blogs.borland.com/johnk
and this:

Each year we strive to build the best conference we can to meet the needs
of
our customers. It's important that we receive community feedback in order
build a conference that you will find valuable. Don't miss this
opportunity
to let us know how we can make this year's conference a great one for you!

--Christine Ellis
Sr. Mgr., Developer Relations
make it look like they are actively planning for one.
The survey is closed now, but at least it shows that
they are being proactive about it.

Anyone going if they have one?

I'll certainly be there.
--
HTH,
Brad.

Re:2006 Conference

Bob wrote:
Will there be one?
Yes.
Will this be Borland(ALM)s last chance to grab some change from us?
No
or will this fund raiser go to the new DevCo?
Yes
Anyone going if they have one?
I hope so.
We will schedule the conference for after the split is final. Watch BDN
for a Call for Papers and a new session selection process soon ;)
--
John Kaster blogs.borland.com/johnk
Features and bugs: qc.borland.com

Re:2006 Conference

Kevin Frevert wrote:
John Kaster replied to an earlier post saying they defiantly have
plans
I don't think we're being defiant about it, but we definitely have
plans ;)
--

"John Kaster (Borland)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
We will schedule the conference for after the split is final. Watch BDN
for a Call for Papers and a new session selection process soon ;)
I hope it is not during the active part of huricane season. I'd like to be
able to go but I doubt I would be able to if it was during a time when
insurance claims adjusters are pounding away at the system.

Re:2006 Conference

John Kaster (Borland) wrote:
We will schedule the conference for after the split is final.
Go DevCo Go !!
JoeH

Re:2006 Conference

"Joe Hendricks" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
John Kaster (Borland) wrote:
>We will schedule the conference for after the split is final.

Go DevCo Go !!
See you there Joe. 8:-)
--
Thanks,

Kevin Frevert wrote:

>John Kaster replied to an earlier post saying they defiantly have
>plans

I don't think we're being defiant about it, but we definitely have
plans ;)
Gahhh! <slaps head for not catching that>Thanks for that correction
krf

Re:2006 Conference

In retrospect, if I'd known that the conferences were going to be
so far apart, I would have gone to something else, like SDWest,
in 2006.
It's probably too late now. The next SD conference is probably April,
and I don't want to do two less than 6 months apart.
There was no way to know how it was going to play out, so
it's no ones fault. Just an opportunity missed.
--
Thanks,
Brad.