need BDE admin but don't know where to find it "stand-alone"

2005-01-23 02:10:20 PM
off-topic0
I have a small software (written with Delphi) on my PC that requires BDE admin. I want to reinstall my PC and would like to keep using that application but do not want to install the full Delphi software (I have the disk but no license for it). Does the BDE administrator exists as a stand-alone application somewhere?
Your help is greatly appreciated
Thanks!

Re:need BDE admin but don't know where to find it "stand-alone"

The BDE Administrator is installed automatically along with the BDE. When
you reinstall the application that uses the BDE the BDE Administrator will
be installed as well. You can also install the BDE information utility at
ibinstall.defined.net to install the BDE including BDE
Administrator.
--
Bill Todd (TeamB)
TeamB cannot answer questions received via email

Re:need BDE admin but don't know where to find it "stand-alone"

Hello Bill & many thanks upfront to you & the TeamB for taking the time to answer my question.
The fix you suggested did not work for 2 reasons
1. a friend of mine wrote that Delphi software I am using when he was a student, installed his full version of Delphi on my PC and did not give me an "installation" disk for his application. All I have are source codes which were compiled on my PC into an exe file.
2. I downloaded the file you suggested from ibinstall.defined.net but it requires a pre-existing version of the BDE. I assume this is an update (such as the ones posted on the borland website) rather that a full "stand-alone" application.
What to do?
The reason I am going through all this trouble is that my PC has slowed down substantially over the past 2 years as I (may I be forgiven) installed and desinstalled a number of programs on it. I would like to start with a clean sheet again.
Many thanks for your or others reply!

{smallsort}

Re:need BDE admin but don't know where to find it "stand-alone"

What makes you think that the BDE Information utility requires that the
BDE already be installed? IIRC I have used it on a machine with no BDE.