Multiple rows in singleton select

2006-07-16 06:37:14 AM
off-topic2
I've started getting strange errors from the Web and Win32 clients.
"Multiple rows in singlelton select"
Any idea what this means?
--
-David
Quis custodiet custodes ipsos?

Re:Multiple rows in singleton select

www.delphifaq.com/faq/databases/interbase/f738.shtml
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] rvelthuis.de/
"How can I lose to such an idiot?"

Re:Multiple rows in singleton select

In article <xn0eos1hrgiqfpn027-velthuis@www.teamb.com>,
"Rudy Velthuis [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
www.delphifaq.com/faq/databases/interbase/f738.shtml
Is anyone else seeing this with their account? I don't see it when I
use the test account.
--
-David
Quis custodiet custodes ipsos?

{smallsort}

At 00:58:25, 16.07.2006, David Dean wrote:
In article <xn0eos1hrgiqfpn027-velthuis@www.teamb.com>,
"Rudy Velthuis [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

>www.delphifaq.com/faq/databases/interbase/f738.shtml

Is anyone else seeing this with their account? I don't see it when I
use the test account.
What account? I am not aware of having any account for delphifaq.com.
Anyway:
<<
Question:
I need to know how to resolve an exception that says 'Multiple rows in a
singleton select'
Answer:
This error message happens when you have a select statement (in a stored
procedure) that you expected to return one row but (because of erronous
data?) it returns multiple rows.
E.g.
select customer_name
from customers
where cust_id = 1234
into :c_name;
This works fine until you have two records with cust_id = 1234.

Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] rvelthuis.de/
"I'm not going to have some reporters pawing through our papers.
We are the president." -- Hillary Clinton.

Re:Multiple rows in singleton select

In article <xn0eos23ggjgqwr02a-velthuis@www.teamb.com>,
"Rudy Velthuis [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
What account? I am not aware of having any account for delphifaq.com.
I guess I should have quoted more. My QC account keeps producing this
error when I try to query on my reports or look at any of my reports.
Oddly other people's reports come up fine.
I tried to use the QC test account, and cannot reproduce the error
with it.
--
-David
Quis custodiet custodes ipsos?

Re:Multiple rows in singleton select

Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] wrote:
What account?
He's getting those errors on Borland's QC clients.
--
Leonel

David Dean wrote:
Is anyone else seeing this with their account?
Not me.
--
Leonel

At 01:24:33, 16.07.2006, Leonel wrote:
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] wrote:

>What account?

He's getting those errors on Borland's QC clients.
Yeah, got it, thanks.
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] rvelthuis.de/
"If you give a man a fish, he will eat for today. If you teach him to

At 01:24:02, 16.07.2006, David Dean wrote:
In article <xn0eos23ggjgqwr02a-velthuis@www.teamb.com>,
"Rudy Velthuis [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

>What account? I am not aware of having any account for delphifaq.com.

I guess I should have quoted more. My QC account keeps producing
this error when I try to query on my reports or look at any of my
reports.
Hmmm... I can't test that, since I don't have your account data (and I
don't want to know them either). Works fine for me.
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] rvelthuis.de/
"Nothing is wrong with California that a rise in the ocean level

Re:Multiple rows in singleton select

In article < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >,
David Dean < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
I've started getting strange errors from the Web and Win32 clients.
"Multiple rows in singlelton select"
Any idea what this means?
Well, whatever it was, it's no longer occurring. I guess the best
policy when dealing with someone else's server is to sleep on it before
you complain. 8-)
--

David Dean wrote:
Well, whatever it was, it's no longer occurring. I guess the best
policy when dealing with someone else's server is to sleep on it
before you complain. 8-)
please keep complaining.... It was a bug I fixed it yesterday...
Rob

Robert Schieck (TeamB) wrote:
please keep complaining.... It was a bug I fixed it yesterday...
FYI, I never had this bug.
BTW notifications are working great now.
cheers,
Jeremy
--
Compact Framework for Delphi 2006: www.jed-software.com/cf.htm