Starteam tries to remove a file not in the repository

2005-04-30 05:41:58 AM
off-topic18
I'm using Starteam 6.0 from the D2005 integrated client. I keep getting
problems when trying to do a commit on a project. Starteam tries to
remove a file that once upon a time was in the project, but was never
committed to Starteam. Because it cannot find the file in the
repository it fails the commit without updating any files. I cannot add
the file back to the project, because it still thinks that it needs to
delete the file before attempting to do the add. How do I get out of
this loop?
Thanks,
Michael Zeringue

Re:Starteam tries to remove a file not in the repository

"Michael Zeringue" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I'm using Starteam 6.0 from the D2005 integrated client. I keep getting
problems when trying to do a commit on a project. Starteam tries to
remove a file that once upon a time was in the project, but was never
committed to Starteam. Because it cannot find the file in the repository
it fails the commit without updating any files. I cannot add the file
back to the project, because it still thinks that it needs to delete the
file before attempting to do the add. How do I get out of this loop?
I haven't experience this problem, but a simple way around it would be to
add the file in another directory and then move it to the directory where
you want it (just drag the file in ST to the new folder).
GL
//.ichael G.