Re: old borland ad [1/10]

2004-01-22 08:42:08 PM
off-topic5
Rod Person wrote:
A co-worker gave me a bunch of old computer mags and I found this in
one of them....
That jpg does not display in my newsreader.
When opening it with IrfanView it reports that it is a corrupted
PSP file. Indeed I then see a corrupted red picture with
a borland ad.
Your other 'old borland ad' posts take log to get the message
and then have no attachment.
Hans.

Re:Re: old borland ad [1/10]

That's not a JPG it a 'Paint Shop Pro' format

Re:Re: old borland ad [1/10]

"Hans Galema" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Your other 'old borland ad' posts take log to get the message
and then have no attachment.
The first attachment was 'broken' into numerous segments (10 in this case,>3
Mb) which have to be downloaded and saved together in a designated folder.
Then your newsreader can stitch them back together to reconstruct the single
file. That's the theory, see your newsreader help file for more details.

{smallsort}

Re:Re: old borland ad [1/10]

"Chris Luck" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
... see your newsreader help file for more details.
I just thought to re-read the help file at this end. Seems I don't need to do
the saving to a designated folder no more. :)

Re:Re: old borland ad [1/10]

Chris Luck wrote:
The first attachment was 'broken' into numerous segments (10 in this case,>3
Mb) which have to be downloaded and saved together in a designated folder.
What can I download or save if I do see nothing in the body or as attachment ?
Hans.

Re:Re: old borland ad [1/10]

You can use some programs like newsbin. It considers all those message as
one and download all the part of the file.
Florent.
"Hans Galema" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >a écrit dans le message de
Chris Luck wrote:

>The first attachment was 'broken' into numerous segments (10 in this
case,>3
>Mb) which have to be downloaded and saved together in a designated
folder.

What can I download or save if I do see nothing in the body or as
attachment ?

Hans.

Re:Re: old borland ad [1/10]

"Hans Galema" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message

What can I download or save if I do see nothing in the body or as attachment
?
Outlook Express?
<GDR>

Re:Re: old borland ad [1/10]

Chris Luck wrote:
>What can I download or save if I do see nothing in the body or as attachment

Outlook Express?
Is that a question or an advise ?
Hans.

Re:Re: old borland ad [1/10]

"Hans Galema" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Is that a question or an advise ?
Advice. Unlike Newsbin it free (or rather, you have already paid for it)
and it does have built-in handling for multipart messages. OE is much
maligned but it does have its plus points.
An aside: As you already have Rod's compressed image I wouldn't waste
time downloading the uncompressed version.