ST 6/SQL Server2000: ST's login is not dbo of the DB - any problems?

2007-02-02 02:45:07 PM
off-topic18
Hi,
Does it matter now (StarTeam 6) or in later/future ST versions that it
uses a SQL Server 2000 login that's not dbo in the repository's DB?
The login does have the db_owner role, but the login sa is mapped to the
dbo user of the DB. This is due to how I restored the DB:s after
suffering a physical harddisk crash. I could probably backup and
recreate the DB:s so that the ST login is dbo, but it would take several
hours.
So, any potential problems with my current config?
Thanks,
Kjell
Kjell Rilbe
Home: +46 8 7610734
Cell: +46 733 442464
"If there's a price for bein' me, that's one I'll have to pay"
Aaron Tippin

Re:ST 6/SQL Server2000: ST's login is not dbo of the DB - any problems?

You may want to look into sp_changedbowner if you haven't already.
We have no problems running on our backup/test server which is created
by a restore of the production database, then use sp_changedbowner to
reset the ownership.
I do know that without using sp_changedbowner we had some problems, but
they are immediately apparent - the repository wouldn't start. I don't
remember if we tried assigning db_owner role to the user.
Kjell Rilbe wrote:

Does it matter now (StarTeam 6) or in later/future ST versions that it
uses a SQL Server 2000 login that's not dbo in the repository's DB?

The login does have the db_owner role, but the login sa is mapped to the
dbo user of the DB. This is due to how I restored the DB:s after
suffering a physical harddisk crash. I could probably backup and
recreate the DB:s so that the ST login is dbo, but it would take several
hours.

So, any potential problems with my current config?

Thanks,
Kjell

Re:ST 6/SQL Server2000: ST's login is not dbo of the DB - any problems?

Ah, thanks! That one actually worked. Now, how come SQL Server
Enterprise Manager doesn't support that?
It did seem to work with db_owner role assigned.
Kjell
Matt Roberts wrote:
You may want to look into sp_changedbowner if you haven't already.

[snip]