Re: -> off-topic! *Please!*

2005-04-06 12:22:34 AM
off-topic5
Olaf Monien (Atozed Software) wrote:
Immigration to US for DevCon is a conference preparation topic, isn't
it?
Yes, and you conveniently edited out the part of my message where I said
that.
In case it's not clear, the "I just found out there are new visa
requirements, does anyone know if I'll be able to make it to the
conference" posts belong here.
--
Gillmer J. Derge [TeamB]

Re:Re: -> off-topic! *Please!*

Gillmer J. Derge [TeamB] wrote:

>Could we please move some of these passport discussions to
>off-topic? Just in the last 5 minutes we've had about 50 messages
>posted to this group, and hardly a one of them is relevant to the
>conference.

Immigration to US for DevCon is a conference preparation topic, isn't
it?
Yes, and immigration issues which actually affect speakers and
attendees is on-topic here. Examples include how to get a visa, what
kind of passport you need, etc.
Stuff like the amount it costs the US to implement this, whether or
not it's a good idea, and other miscellaneous comments on foreign
policy are off-topic.
-Craig
Want to help make Delphi and InterBase better? Use QC!
qc.borland.com -- Vote for important issues

Re:Re: -> off-topic! *Please!*

Olaf Monien (Atozed Software) wrote:

Sure, there was a lot of politics besides the if, where and how to get
a visa, but I still believe this newsgroup here perfectly fits these
discussions
No. The *politics* behind the issue are definitely off-topic here.
"A man is likely to mind his own business when it is worth minding,
when it is not, he takes his mind off his own meaningless affairs by
minding other people's business." - Eric Hoffer

{smallsort}