Windows only Dock One Way

2004-11-05 10:04:50 AM
off-topic9
Hello, I am a new user having trouble docking my windows using CodeWright
Vers. 7.5. When I move the window to the left side of the screen for desired
docking location it never sticks there. It only sticks if I move it to the
upper part of the screen and docks as a single horizontal window across the
top with the edit page below. Under Tools->Customize->Toolbars->General, I
have selected the left side to be my docking preference, but if right-click
un-dock, then right-click dock the window it always goes on top as described
above. What am I doing wrong? I want to be able to dock the window on any
side I want, preferably on the left side. Thanks for your help.

Re:Windows only Dock One Way

XXXX@XXXXX.COM (Carol Copeland) wrote in message news:< XXXX@XXXXX.COM >...
Hello, I am a new user having trouble docking my windows using CodeWright
Vers. 7.5. When I move the window to the left side of the screen for desired
docking location it never sticks there. It only sticks if I move it to the
upper part of the screen and docks as a single horizontal window across the
top with the edit page below. Under Tools->Customize->Toolbars->General, I
have selected the left side to be my docking preference, but if right-click
un-dock, then right-click dock the window it always goes on top as described
above. What am I doing wrong? I want to be able to dock the window on any
side I want, preferably on the left side. Thanks for your help.
Got the answer by from XXXX@XXXXX.COM : This has to do with
the size of the window that you are trying to dock. When the window
is floating make the height small enough so it does not touch the top
docking area and try to dock it on the left again. The right click
docking will only place it back where it was previously
(double-clicking on the title bar does the same thing).
I also found that left-click and hold on the icon in the upper-hand
corner of the window before dragging to locking position seems to work
best.