Re: corrupt file

2006-03-21 10:14:28 PM
off-topic19
Howard and Steven,
I would be interesting and perhaps useful to know what was
wrong with the tables. But I do not know enough about Paradox
table format to be able to easily analyze the files. I hope that
Steven can do it.
Regards, JohnH

Re:Re: corrupt file

just played with Howard's table.. level 5, autoinc key, 2 simple indexes, 2
meg table.. I don't get the "corrupt" error.. I can view, edit, query,
search, etc.. no problem..
Verify says "there are warnings" but I get empty results.. never saw that
before.. so I rebuild, same thing.. this *is* curious..
otherwise, my only comment is about the autoinc, of course.. not smart for a
key.. less smart if there's anything linked to it.. when a table *does* go
south, the autoinc can become a disaster.. it's way too easy to build your
own "next number" process.. we've discussed it here a gazillion times..
Diamond Software Group
www.diamondsg.com/main.htm
Paradox Support & Sales - Corel CTech Paradox
Diamond Sports Gems
www.diamondsg.com/gemsmain.htm
Sports Memorabilia and Trading Cards