Access Client IP Address

2005-12-14 01:47:15 AM
off-topic12
Hello All,
Is there any easy way to acces the client's IP address from a remote data
module. I am trying to implement some type of secure session management in
my three-tier system, and would like to ensure that the sesssionIDs are
coming from the appropriate IP addresses. As such, it is not sufficient to
have the client "announce" it's own IP address. This would not be secure,
because someone could write their own client and fake the IP addresses.
I am using TWebConnection and httpsrvr.dll. Any pointers would be greatly
appreciated.
Thank you,
-David

Re:Access Client IP Address

Is there any easy way to acces the client's IP address from a remote data
module.
Hi,
See if this helps:
cc.borland.com/Item.aspx
TOndrej

Re:Access Client IP Address

THank you,
I did try this, but my server crashed after I made the changes to
httpsrvr.dll... I will try making these changes again.
-David
"TOndrej" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
>Is there any easy way to acces the client's IP address from a remote data
>module.

Hi,

See if this helps:
cc.borland.com/Item.aspx

TOndrej

{smallsort}

Re:Access Client IP Address

I did try this, but my server crashed after I made the changes to
httpsrvr.dll... I will try making these changes again.
Well, I've been running it on a live system for a few months now and so
far I'm not aware of any problem with it. I've had other issues (see my
earlier unanswered question about threading models) but I believe they
were unrelated to this particular modification since turning it off (I'm
using conditional defines) did not make any difference.
HTH
TOndrej