Is BDE 5.2.0.2 thread-safe?

2004-03-04 07:26:51 PM
off-topic15
Is BDE 5.2.0.2 thread-safe so I can use it in a datasnap application
with threading model = tmApartment?

Re:Is BDE 5.2.0.2 thread-safe?

I should ad: tread-safe for then InterBase driver!!
"Mikael Nilsson" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >skrev i meddelandet
Is BDE 5.2.0.2 thread-safe so I can use it in a datasnap application
with threading model = tmApartment?

Re:Is BDE 5.2.0.2 thread-safe?

I should ad: tread-safe for then InterBase driver!!

If You use Interbase, why the heck are You using BDE?
AFAIK, the BDE is threadsafe, if every thread has it's own TSession
component.
news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

--
Gert

{smallsort}

Re:Is BDE 5.2.0.2 thread-safe?

It's a very old MIDAS application. When moving to Windors 2003 Server
we get a lot hangs. I'm just loking for the problem?
By the way Interbase and BDE har always worked together.
"Gert Kello" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >skrev i meddelandet
>I should ad: tread-safe for then InterBase driver!!

If You use Interbase, why the heck are You using BDE?

AFAIK, the BDE is threadsafe, if every thread has it's own TSession
component.

>"Mikael Nilsson" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >skrev i meddelandet
>news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>
>>Is BDE 5.2.0.2 thread-safe so I can use it in a datasnap application
>>with threading model = tmApartment?

--
Gert

Re:Is BDE 5.2.0.2 thread-safe?

It's a very old MIDAS application. When moving to Windors 2003 Server
we get a lot hangs. I'm just loking for the problem?
"Bill Todd (TeamB)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >skrev i meddelandet
On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 12:26:51 +0100, "Mikael Nilsson"
< XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

>Is BDE 5.2.0.2 thread-safe so I can use it in a datasnap application
>with threading model = tmApartment?

You should not use the BDE for any new development. See
community.borland.com/article/0,1410,28688,00.html

--
Bill (TeamB)

Re:Is BDE 5.2.0.2 thread-safe?

Again, Bill does not want to reply a simply question...
Sorry but, i don't know.
JM
de news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...