Board index » off-topic » Paradox Database.....
2004-05-04 11:37:21 PM
Where to start.....
1) I have a database that contains an order field which is a number
starting at zero... it is also the primary index for the database.
2) I need to be able to reorder the items in the list using this
number. But, I can see some possible stumbling blocks.
a) What do I do when I need to exchange two items. ie: when item #5
wants to move to item #4 and bump item #4 to #5. I imagine the same
holds true for the other way around as well. when #4 wants to become #5
and bumps #5 up to #4.
b) I need to preserve the order of the items in the database;
because they need to match a ListBox I'm filling with items from the
database.. When I move items around in the listbox, I use the index as
the order field for the database and keep track of the items that way.
1) If I change the order number of one record and post the change then
can I use RecNo to get back to the other record or has all that changed?
I'm unsure on this?
2) Can you edit two records at the same time? Is this easy to do?
3) Anyone have a better solution?
Any help is greatly welcome,