Problem trying to upload an attachment to QualityCentral

2008-01-15 07:40:45 AM
off-topic12
When I try to upload a zip attachment to my new QC report #56957, after a couple of seconds I see a response in an exception dialog box with the caption "Quality Central" and the message "arithmetic exception, numeric overflow, or string truncation".
I am using QualityCentral.exe version 1.0.1.26, PkZip version 8.1, and a copy of *the* ZIP is uploaded to b.p.attachments with the subject line "T_HiddenTimeValue_2 080114a.zip for QC #56957"
Who knows what gives? TIA --JohnH
Ref:
Report No: 56957 Status: Reported
A Fix for DateUtils Date-Time Compare Functions
qc.codegear.com/wc/qcmain.aspx
QCWIN:Defect_No=56957

Re:Problem trying to upload an attachment to QualityCentral

"John Herbster" <herb-sci1_AT_sbcglobal.net>wrote
When I try to upload a zip attachment to my new QC report #56957, after a couple of seconds, I see a response in an exception dialog box with the caption "Quality Central" and the message "arithmetic exception, numeric overflow, or string truncation".
The problem was avoided by shortening the zip file name from
"T_HiddenTimeValue_2 080114a.zip" (31 characters)
"QC56957 080114a.zip" (19 characters)
Who knows what gives? --JohnH

John Herbster wrote:
When I try to upload a zip attachment to my new QC report #56957,
after a couple of seconds I see a response in an exception dialog box
with the caption "Quality Central" and the message "arithmetic
exception, numeric overflow, or string truncation".
Same in my client - server issue.
[Window Title]
Error
[Content]
Adding attachment failed:
arithmetic exception, numeric overflow, or string truncation
[OK]
--
TJSDialog - TaskDialog for other operating systems:
www.jed-software.com/jsd.htm

{smallsort}

Re:Problem trying to upload an attachment to QualityCentral

John Herbster wrote:
Who knows what gives? --JohnH
Please QC this...
While the table that holds the file name is 75 characters in length,
the table that holds all the audit data (keeps track of who changed
what when) is only 25.... so, the max length of a file name is limited
to 25 characters ... until I fix it.
sorry
--
Rob Schieck (TeamB)

"Robert Schieck (TeamB)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote
Please QC this...
While the table that holds the file name is 75 characters in length,
the table that holds all the audit data (keeps track of who changed
what when) is only 25.... so, the max length of a file name is limited
to 25 characters ... until I fix it.
Done! See
"Attempt to upload Zip file with 31-character name failed"
qc.codegear.com/wc/qcmain.aspx
Thx for your work. --JohnH

Re:Problem trying to upload an attachment to QualityCentral

Already seen it. It came in via QC Email Notfications....
thanks
Rob
John Herbster wrote:
Done! See