EDBEngine Error - Unknown Table Type

2004-06-01 11:30:14 PM
off-topic3
I have added a new field to my interbase database, this database has been in
use for the last 4 years or so with numerous upgrade made to it no problem
I have added one new field to my table of Varchar(25). All is fine, I can
use SQL Explorer to populate the field etc no problem. But when I go into my
code and add the field to the TFields list of that TQuery object when
running the program I get the following error -
EDBEngineError - Uknown table type.
I then remove it from the tfields list again but still get the problem until
I restart my whole machine. The upshot of this is that I cannot upgrade my
software to include this new field due to this problem. Can anyone help
please.
Regards
Martin

Re:EDBEngine Error - Unknown Table Type

ok, I have tried this with IB 7.1 and with IB 6 using 2 completely different
datbases, 2 completely different table and 2 completely different fields one
with Varchar(25) one with Varchar(1). All I get is Unknown Table Type error
and I cannot continue to develop this product if I cannot add fields. Can
someone please help.
"Martin Dew" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
[...]

"Bill Todd (TeamB)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Can you open and view the table in IBConsole after you have added the
new column?
Yes. IBConsole, SQLExplorer all show this table fine and its data.
Is the database dialect 1 or 3?
Dialect 1.
What version of the BDE are you using?
5.2.0.2.
As I mentioned previously I have been doing things like adding fields for
ages on this installation, and now all of a sudden it just will not work
properly. Thanks for any advice you can offer Bill.
Bill (TeamB)

Re:EDBEngine Error - Unknown Table Type

Just to let you know, I tried re-installing Delphi 5 but it did not help, so
I reloaded my whole workstation and then delphi 5 again and it worked. Odd,
but atleast I can compile my apps.
Thanks Bill.
Regards
Martin
"Bill Todd (TeamB)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I have no idea based on the information you have supplied. I have
never heard of a similar problem.

If you get the same error in a simple test application then it is
probably a driver limitation of some kind.

If the situation is really critical you might consider opening an
incident with Borland support. They might be able to help identify the
problem and offer a workaround.

--
Bill (TeamB)