BDE conflict with Ghost 9

2005-08-06 08:06:55 PM
off-topic19
Hi,
Has anyone else experienced the problem I am having with BDE when Ghost 9 is
installed ?
My BDE cfg file follows the normal networking conventions of using the same
UNC path names thoughout the small network (i.e \\master\data).
When Ghost is installed Delphi applications give a network initialisation
error but when I unistall Ghost all returns to normal. If I edit my UNC
paths to be local then all works fine on the server but workstations will
not run.
Instead of the normal convention I have used successfully for years as there
any alternative e.g. mapped drives ?
--
Best regards
Ian Robinson

Re:BDE conflict with Ghost 9

Ian Robinson wrote:
Instead of the normal convention I have used successfully for years as there
any alternative e.g. mapped drives ?
of course you can use mapped drives.. mapped drive conventions were the normal
concept long before UNC mapping became common..
Diamond Software Group
www.diamondsg.com/main.htm
Paradox Support & Sales - Corel CTech Paradox
Diamond Sports Gems
www.diamondsg.com/gemsmain.htm
Trading Cards and other Sports Memorabilia