How do i change email address?

2005-07-18 12:47:34 AM
off-topic12
As subj:
How do i change email address?
When i registered way back, i used a temporary email address in a company, i
worked for.
I can change the email in the community, but it does'nt reflect in QC.
Is it the classic error, identifying a user by email, or is'nt the
functionality implemented yet?
--
Best regards
Stig Johansen

Re:How do i change email address?

Stig Johansen wrote:
I can change the email in the community, but it does'nt reflect in QC.
BDN login for QC will be implemented this coming week, but you can
change your QC email address right now using the Windows client.
Is it the classic error, identifying a user by email,
That's not an error. That's a good implementation.
The error is not handling email address changes gracefully, and
allowing multiple accounts with the same email address, both of which
were and are out of BDN control for the online customer accounts.
or is'nt the
functionality implemented yet?
We have all functionality implemented that needs to be. We simply need
to turn the switch to use BDN login information instead. But that's
still not going to solve the problem of having multiple accounts with
the same email address. While the fix for this isn't officially BDN's
responsibility, I'm going to implement a user-controlled interface that
allows the user to fix it, because the problem becomes very visible on
BDN. FWIW, the problem is even worse for people who have registered
products using their email address instead of their login handle,
because of the possibility of having multiple accounts with the same
email address.
You can no longer create a new account with an email address found in
an existing account, at least. Now we just have to implement something
to allow the user to go back and clean up the many accounts that might
have duplicate email addresses. There are thousands of accounts in the
BDN database like this.
--
John Kaster blogs.borland.com/johnk
Features and bugs: qc.borland.com