Re: QC Login Issues

2005-12-02 09:15:16 PM
off-topic3
Serdar S. Kacar wrote:

I guess, I am logged in. Right below the bottom dark blue strip, it
reads; "Home | Quality Central Homepage | You are logged in as Serdar
S. Kacar"

But a message follows;

An error occurred in the application:

The exception type is:
InvalidCastException

The message that came along with the exception is:
Object cannot be cast from DBNull to other types.

You were attempting to access this link:

qc.borland.com/wc/qcmain.aspx

You probably can use your "Back" button to return to where you were
before the error occurred, or simply return to Home Page.
Sorry, I didn't check the web client. Your login works fine in the
windows client .
I will have another look.
sorry
--
Rob Schieck
TeamB

Re:Re: QC Login Issues

"Robert Schieck (TeamB)" <>wrote in news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM :
Sorry, I didn't check the web client. Your login works fine in the
windows client .

I will have another look.

sorry
Windows client does not work yet - Error message is "Invalid email/password
combination."
Web client solution is almost done. I believe, soon, both will be up.
Thank you very much for your effort.
Serdar

Re:Re: QC Login Issues

Ender wrote:
<Robert Schieck (TeamB)>
>FYI, login in is a process that calls a web service that calls a
>webservice that calls a store proc in a database....

Sounds pretty cumbersome.
Isn't that the way all these SOA/NET 2.0/acronym city/"everyone's doing
it" applications are supposed to work? "Just knit together a bunch of web
services, it'll work great!"
--
-Brion
There's no such thing as 'one, true way;'

{smallsort}

Re:Re: QC Login Issues

Serdar S. Kacar wrote:
Windows client does not work yet - Error message is "Invalid
email/password combination."
try the windows client and let me know what time you tried it at and I
will check it. It works fine for me.
thank
--
Rob Schieck
TeamB

Re:Re: QC Login Issues

Ender wrote:
Now there is no message from QC "Login failed". However after logging
on to QC it's main page show that i'm not logged - qc_login0.png.
Either i press browser's [reload] or page's [login] buttons following
error appears - qc_login1.png.

Pictures in the attachements newsgroup under subject: QC Login Issues
(screenshoots 2)
Can you try the windows client for me and let me know how it goes. It
comes with delphi/jbuilder or you can download it.
thanks
--
Rob Schieck
TeamB

Re:Re: QC Login Issues

>Now there is no message from QC "Login failed". However after logging
>on to QC it's main page show that i'm not logged - qc_login0.png.
>Either i press browser's [reload] or page's [login] buttons following
>error appears - qc_login1.png.
>
>Pictures in the attachements newsgroup under subject: QC Login Issues
>(screenshoots 2)
Can you try the windows client for me and let me know how it goes. It
comes with delphi/jbuilder or you can download it.
I'm tried QualityCentral that comes with Delphi 2005. It says "Invalid
user/password combination" and then crashes with series of access
violations. I'm tried JED's QC, and has same error messages (without AE's).
With web-client same error message as described above.

Re:Re: QC Login Issues

"Robert Schieck (TeamB)" <>wrote in news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM :

try the windows client and let me know what time you tried it at and I
will check it. It works fine for me.

thank

At 10:28 GMT +2:00.
The error message was, again, "Invalid email/password combination."
The windows client that I am using is the latest build (October 2, 2005).
Regards

Re:Re: QC Login Issues

Ender wrote:
Sounds pretty cumbersome.
Not when it's compared to the alternative.
--
John Kaster blogs.borland.com/johnk
Features and bugs: qc.borland.com

Re:Re: QC Login Issues

Go here :
https://bdn.borland.com/cgi-bin/login/prompt.cgi
try to login and then go to QC Web..
thanks
Rob

Serdar S. Kacar wrote:
At 10:28 GMT +2:00.
The error message was, again, "Invalid email/password combination."

The windows client that I am using is the latest build (October 2,
2005).

Regards
Please try the windows client again.
Please try the web client by loggin in vai:
https://bdn.borland.com/cgi-bin/login/prompt.cgi
let me know
thanks
--
Rob Schieck
TeamB

Re:Re: QC Login Issues

<Robert Schieck (TeamB)>
https://bdn.borland.com/cgi-bin/login/prompt.cgi
try to login and then go to QC Web..
Thanks, Robert. Now i'm able to login into QC. However there is strange
behavior. After i login the page show message in the upper band "You are not
logged in". To see status of login i need to reload page, and then it show
than i'm logged in.
I'm use FireFox 1.5.

Re:Re: QC Login Issues

"Robert Schieck (TeamB)" <>wrote in news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM :
Please try the windows client again.

Please try the web client by loggin in vai:

https://bdn.borland.com/cgi-bin/login/prompt.cgi

let me know

thanks

@11:18 GMT +2:00
Windows client
--------------
The error message was, again, "Invalid email/password combination."
Web client (starting from https://bdn.borland.com/cgi-bin/login/prompt.cgi)
With BDN Authentication checked, tells that I am logged in but can not do
anything. Following message appears;
"An error occurred in the application:
The exception type is:
InvalidCastException
The message that came along with the exception is:
Object cannot be cast from DBNull to other types.
You were attempting to access this link:
qc.borland.com/wc/qcmain.aspx
You probably can use your "Back" button to return to where you were before the
error occurred, or simply return to Home Page. "
Thought it was the same problem with Ender's one - appearantly not.
Regards

Re:Re: QC Login Issues

Serdar S. Kacar wrote:
"Robert Schieck" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in
news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM :

Login failed
for sskacar_d (nospam) @hotmail.com
at 13:33 GMT +2:00.

Regards
The web login fails for you and me on your credentails. That I cannot
fix...
However, I would appreciated it you would try loging in via the windows
client one more time.....
I am located near Toronto Canada Eastern Standard Time. If the above
fails, I would like to get together with you on line some time to see
if we can get this resolved. Let me know what time would work for you ?
sorry and thanks
--
Rob Schieck
TeamB

Re:Re: QC Login Issues

"Robert Schieck (TeamB)" <>wrote in news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM :
The web login fails for you and me on your credentails. That I cannot
fix...

However, I would appreciated it you would try loging in via the windows
client one more time.....

Can not believe my eyes; @13:22 GMT +2:00, it worked!
Many thanks, I hope it keeps working without problems.
Serdar S. Kacar

Re:Re: QC Login Issues

Well, this is kind of an old thread but I'm having trouble logging in so
I'll post to this thread:
Attempts at logging into the QC web client (tried with all combinations of
the checkboxes checked/unchecked with same result):
Email is XXXX@XXXXX.COM
Time was 1/20/2005 @ 2pm PST
Error description is :
"
An error occurred in the application:
The exception type is:
InvalidCastException
The message that came along with the exception is:
Object cannot be cast from DBNull to other types.
You were attempting to access this link:
qc.borland.com/wc/qcmain.aspx
You probably can use your "Back" button to return to where you were before
the error occurred, or simply return to Home Page.
"
GAH sorry if that posts as HTML I'm using outlook and am not positive I've
got it setup to just send as plain text.
Oh, it also updates the You are logged in as with my name when it displays
the error, but when I click back to the QC Homepage I'm back to you are not
logged in again. I've tried resetting my password and that seems to work
ok.
I haven't tried the windows client because I'm getting that message when I
try to access the client download page, but I just saw in one of the threads
that it's available on the Delphi CD so I'll try to track down the
installation CD here at work and see if I can get in that way.
Thanks...
Michael Bonner
Consultant - Programmer/Analyst
Community Services and Development Department
State of California
"Robert Schieck" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Hi:

If you are having problems logging into QC please do the following:

1) try to login again
2) post a reply to this message, giving your login email and the time
you logged in at and I will have a look into the problem

thanks

--

Rob Schieck TeamB